ALDI KAMADO

andya

1 hour ago, TheBeardedDan said:

Not first BBQ ever, but we just had a cheap BBQ.

Not done any low n slow previously.

Just take it slow. Use good charcoal and natural firelighters because the ceramic is pourus. Bring up to temp slowly never use a chimney starter. Lots of inspiration on my YouTube 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheBeardedDan said:

I managed to get one this morning 🙌

Any tips for a first time kamado owner?

I got mine this time last year and best advice as above, is to research away but can't beat trial and error. Invest in a probe thermometer that allows you to keep tabs on meat temp and bbq temp and almost guaranteed that anything you attempt will be delicious! 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Bbq life uk said:

Just take it slow. Use good charcoal and natural firelighters because the ceramic is pourus. Bring up to temp slowly never use a chimney starter. Lots of inspiration on my YouTube 

Yeah watched quite a few already. Might try a spatchcock first as someone suggested and use your video for inspiration.

23 minutes ago, TheBeardedDan said:

Yeah watched quite a few already. Might try a spatchcock first as someone suggested and use your video for inspiration.

Its a great way to start you can you the deflection plate first and/or go direct open side down to most of the cook and flip towards the end. Do you have a thermometer? 

3 hours ago, Bbq life uk said:

4 probe inkbird 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0771HXF9W down to £39 for everyone for a short while plus another 10% off instant read thermometer if you buy this one 

Hi, thanks for the heads up, I've bought one - if you check the offers, there's actually a second option which gives you an instant read thermometer free! Click 'add both to basket' and the discount will show up when you're in checkout. 

Thanks also for your YouTube content, I managed to order an Aldi Kamado on Sunday on your recommendation and will no doubt be watching some of your videos in order to get the hang of it!

• Like 1

I bought an Aldi Kamado last year and I still love it, use it at least once a week all year round. Once you've had a spatchcocked chicken cooked on a kamado you'll never go back to oven cooked.

Where is the best place to pick up accessories? I'm thinking about steel grill plates for this summer. Any other recommended accessories?