ALDI KAMADO

andya

Mine are from gavin ball at steel smokin, The filthy pig company also do them both are on Facebook and Instagram. smokerig i believe do some too but some people have just bought steel plates from ebay 

On 3/21/2021 at 4:04 PM, TheBeardedDan said:

That would be awesome. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Kentish Man said:

I bought an Aldi Kamado last year and I still love it, use it at least once a week all year round. Once you've had a spatchcocked chicken cooked on a kamado you'll never go back to oven cooked.

Where is the best place to pick up accessories? I'm thinking about steel grill plates for this summer. Any other recommended accessories?

• Like 1

Hi all,

I finally managed to get the Aldi Kamado and am waiting for it to be delivered. I'm new to the forum and I look forward to learning more from you all!

@Bbq life ukI have been watching your videos on youtube and I cannot wait to get started!!!

Can I ask everyone a couple of questions please?

1. What your essential accessories would be to buy? 
  2. Fuel? What fuel should I be using and where is best to buy?

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

Hi accessories depend on what you want to cook. 

Essential is a thermometer preferably a wires one like the inkbird ibt-4xs so you can monitor cooks without opening. Alternatively you could use a instant read but you would need to open the lid to check it. I know of an offer where you can have both for £38

Charcoal

im currently using big k 14kg Flama Restaurant Grade Charcoal (BCH14) £25 for 14kg on there website.

before this i used everburning charcoal its about the same price. 

Any more questions just ask

On 5/2/2018 at 7:00 PM, Whatcouldpossiblygowrong said:

Few pics

grate is steel rather than cast as is vent. Grill grates 4mm steel Deflector looks to be more of a pizza Stone and could be a wider diameter. Cradle looks to be well made with good quality castors. However the grill diameter is “only” 16” so might be too small for some. However £350 yes it’ll do for me ???

B9DD8465-2E78-4E5A-ABDA-37C39A4B98C4.jpeg

99961563-1516-4443-B7C3-5B7EDD6EEE0F.jpeg

800EF6CA-225E-4507-8F4B-9053D54C6B6E.jpeg

0A0848F1-BA4E-4532-B1F2-D3DCD17065E6.jpeg

9CAB0B36-E594-4D33-BE6D-31C744F3E38A.jpeg

ECB2280C-8DC0-454C-B2FA-DD5721877C40.jpeg

How did this work out, I see that this is coming back in to stock at ALDI soon. Worth the £350?

I looked this morning at about 7.15, and it wasn't on sale yet. I looked again at 7.45, and I was 11,000th in a queue, so funnily enough, they were all sold out. Of course, the vultures were swooping never missing an opportunity to gouge someone - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aldi-Kamado-Ceramic-Egg-BBQ-Grill-Smoker-Brand-New/184721875061?hash=item2b02482075:g:3cQAAOSwXGNgWDkd

25 minutes ago, paul6057 said:

I looked this morning at about 7.15, and it wasn't on sale yet. I looked again at 7.45, and I was 11,000th in a queue, so funnily enough, they were all sold out. Of course, the vultures were swooping never missing an opportunity to gouge someone - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aldi-Kamado-Ceramic-Egg-BBQ-Grill-Smoker-Brand-New/184721875061?hash=item2b02482075:g:3cQAAOSwXGNgWDkd

That's really poor. Heck, if someone is willing to pay £600 for one of these, they can have mine for half that! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, paul6057 said:

I ordered on on Sun. I was up at 5. Refreshed page every 30 mins. It wasn't up till 8. refreshed and was sold out immediately. Refreshed a few more times and the add button appeared but was still sold out then eventually one appeared in my basket so bought it straightaway. 

I agree the vultures are the worst. They usually use scripts/bots to make bulk purchases. 

My Aldi Kamado has just arrived (yay).. no cracks (double yay) but the nuts do fit on the screws properly. On one of them fits but the other 3 don't, am I being weak or anyone have the same thing?

Edited by Calum
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Calum said:

My Aldi Kamado has just arrived (yay).. no cracks (double yay) but the nuts do fit on the screws properly. On one of them fits but the other 3 don't, am I being weak or anyone have the same thing?

Arrived already? Nice I got an email from XDP today saying they haven't received it but they will be delivering it. Had a look at their reviews. 😟

2 hours ago, Calum said:

Don't use the washers is the trick if I remember rightly 

Panic over. I had to use two spanners, one to stop the wheel spinning and the other to turn the nut. I feel quite lucky now, after I saw the delivery driver basically drop the whole thing off the lorry I thought it was game over. I hope everyone's arrives soon!!

Hi all, I’ve been lurking for some time, great forum with really useful tips and info.

I would really like to use a charcoal basket with mine. Which one do others use and what would you recommend?

I don’t want to buy one and discover it doesn’t fit!

‘Morning BBQ lovers. I got lucky with Thursday’s stock at Aldi so now reading all about it here and related sites — great info thanks all, looking forward to my first cook. Can anyone advise if leaving the Kamado outside in a sheltered spot until Autumn, in the cover provided, is a bad idea? I’ve read that condensation can be a problem but rain cover should prevent that? Before I purchased my plan was to move it in and out of the shed to cook but I realise now it ain’t that easy. Alternative is perhaps to build a ‘bin shelter’ on the patio to provide protection or similar, but I’ve got a lot of DIY on already ... Cheers, Ben

Great to see so many newcomers here, enjoy your AKs people! 

I've been using mine for a year but only now am I attempting a forerib of beef (2 bone) for Sunday lunch. 

Seen a few US videos on cooking methods but if anyone has recommended methods for the AK, be interested to hear from you. 

It's a big joint, some 4kg, so plan to reverse sear - all on the AK. 

It's pedigree longhorn forerib, so an expensive cut - can't risk stuffing it up! 

Any pointers?