ALDI KAMADO

andya

Thoughts on Aldi's kamado being used in the rain? I know I have to wait till it cools before I can put the cover over it and as it takes forever to cool down it could be an issue?

Managed my first cook a few days ago and then had pizza's yesterday with friends. I am keen for more.

IMG-20210329-WA0008.jpeg

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Chrisah1 said:

Thanks for that awesome pic.

Ok, so internal diameter is about 45cm. The overall diameter is 51cm? This may be useful for rotisserie options. 

What is the inner diameter of the fire bowl? I've been looking at baskets that are 29cm, 30.5cm, 34cm and 35cm. 

I've taken a couple of photos of the firebowl if that helps.

I think that this is the best starter kamado to see if you're genuinely into it and it can work for you at home. Use it for five years and upgrade....or let it languish and never get another kamado again. Sorted. 

My thoughts exactly 

And if you're serious you then have to consider rotisserie and bbqguru fan controller haha. Slippery slope. 

My Inkbird IBBQ-4T arrived today so the slide has started... ;)

Aldi Firebowl 1.jpeg

Aldi Firebowl 2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grue666 said:

I've taken a couple of photos of the firebowl if that helps.

Thanks for that! Real legend. I have the inkbird 6 non WiFi which I used in a us style cooker. It's great, but the temp plot sometimes clears. I should've gone for the WiFi. 

Very helpful images. I think an ash basket 12"/30.5 up to 34cm could fit well. Sadly the 35cm basket looks like a no-go.

Plus the 20" ynni D&C gives you four levels with the included extender from Aldi (deflector ring for iron grate), lower level, upper level and then extender. And that comes with a larger deflector for better smoking. 

Hi all, long time watcher and just received my text saying mines aldi kamado has been posted. Can’t wait to start BBQ with it. Been watching all of BBQ LIFE on YouTube and really looking forward to start trying cooks out. Anyone got any recommendations on what to being with? Thanks!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Derbydan said:

Hi all, long time watcher and just received my text saying mines aldi kamado has been posted. Can’t wait to start BBQ with it. Been watching all of BBQ LIFE on YouTube and really looking forward to start trying cooks out. Anyone got any recommendations on what to being with? Thanks!

Start with something simple like a spatchcock chicken 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sbottstar said:

Hi all,

Everyday I keep checking the status of my delivery of the Kamado BBQ but it continues to tease me!!!

How long did your orders take to arrive this year and is anyone in the same boat as me? I ordered mine on the 21st March.

mine took around 10 days to arrive

I ordered on the 21st. Got email from XDP on 26th saying they would deliver on behalf of Aldi but they hadn't received it yet. (Fine it was pre order and didn't officially go on sale until 25th)

Email from Aldi on 29th saying they had dispatched it from their warehouse and would take 2-7 days. Had a tracking link for XDP. 

Since then 11 days have passed including 7 working days and no word. Tracking is still showing as not received by XDP. I called Aldi this morning and waited an hour to speak to someone. He advised he's emailed XDP for me and will fwd their reply. If they don't deliver in the next few days he advised me to call back.  

It's frustrating as I can see someone near me has already had their delivered and instead of using it is bloody selling it online for £450😠

If you weren't already planning it, I would suggest you get the delivery guys to open the package and give it a quick check. When they Brough mine I overheard one saying "We better not drop this one" and then he promptly let the wind blown lorry door slam into the corner of the packing. No harm done though and they were very helpful. Mine had a few minor imperfections in the enamel but nothing else (same as my Son when his arrived last week).

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 1:19 PM, hoogl said:

I ordered on the 21st. Got email from XDP on 26th saying they would deliver on behalf of Aldi but they hadn't received it yet. (Fine it was pre order and didn't officially go on sale until 25th)

Email from Aldi on 29th saying they had dispatched it from their warehouse and would take 2-7 days. Had a tracking link for XDP. 

Since then 11 days have passed including 7 working days and no word. Tracking is still showing as not received by XDP. I called Aldi this morning and waited an hour to speak to someone. He advised he's emailed XDP for me and will fwd their reply. If they don't deliver in the next few days he advised me to call back.  

It's frustrating as I can see someone near me has already had their delivered and instead of using it is bloody selling it online for £450😠

So I received a couple emails from Aldi today. 

image.thumb.png.ab4662fbd01427336c6cb1137ac4bc5f.png

Bloody pain in the Arse. After waiting all this time and many who ordered after me have received theirs, mine is AWOL. I have read online that many believe the courier of deliberately losing their packages so they can keep it. But I have no proof. 

So I guess I'll just have to wait and hope to see if Aldi are going to sell them again or wait until next year. 

My Mrs did ask me how much a different company Kamado was as she was going to say for me to buy one. I showed her the LG/Monolith/KJ/BGE ones and that idea stopped. 

Oh well fingers crossed. 🤞

Edited by hoogl

Has anyone actually tried to buy a kamado off Alibaba? As far as I can see the main players are Auplex, Topq and maybe Steel Egg (SEB). Chances are Monolith kamado are TOPQ (monolith kamado boxes confirm made in PRC). YNNI brand in the UK also confirm they buy the TOPQ models.  

The other option would be for the forum to arrange a group buy of Auplex/Topq kamados of a certain size and colour. But not sure about the UK side logistics. It would also be caveat emptor for issues. 

I guess that's what you pay for when spending more from a UK retailer - they have to deal with it. So a £200 kamado on Alibaba becomes £600-700 with logistics (Masterbuilt / Bar be quick etc). 

On 4/11/2021 at 1:23 AM, Derbydan said:

Hmmm bit worried now if mine doesn’t come, had the text from XRP that it was collected Tuesday, but not moved since, it says at COLLECTION DEPOT

was anyone’s else’s on that step for a while?

hope it arrives soon 🤞🏻

Yes... mine was stuck for ages! Keep the faith!!!

6 minutes ago, TheBeardedDan said:

Going to try my first pulled pork this weekend. Any advice?

@Bbq life ukI saw your most recent video saying you can do it at around 160 for 4-6 hours? Any other tips?

Presuming you have a thermometer? 

Every joint is different and timings are size dependent. You will most probably hit a stall around 60c you can double wrap in foil to push through it quicker. Get it on as early as you can its easier to to keep hot if it Finnishs early compared to waiting for hours and hours if it takes longer.

19 minutes ago, Bbq life uk said:

Presuming you have a thermometer? 

Every joint is different and timings are size dependent. You will most probably hit a stall around 60c you can double wrap in foil to push through it quicker. Get it on as early as you can its easier to to keep hot if it Finnishs early compared to waiting for hours and hours if it takes longer.

Yeah I have the inkbird 4XS that you recommended.