ALDI KAMADO

andya

26 minutes ago, Gigasonix said:

If you cut it into three pieces with a strip down the middle that you throw away it will fit.

Yea, I can see how that would work but I think I will just cut the original as the Asda Pizza stone does fit the original grill frame so no matter which I want to us I have a deflector that will work.

• Like 1

i too have the 100% round asda 8£ pizza stone...its a miracle device...the box lists the dimensions as 33cm x 33cm...inside is a round thing and the leaflet they send with has a recipe for a pizza that (from memory of the recipe says) ends up as 40cm x 18cm or something.

🙂

anyway, nice to know it was a mental group buy almost:-)

i had the chance to empty my AK of some ash this morning and clearly I'm a 100% plank. Besides opening the silver door, using the scraper tool and pulling the stuff out, and totally missing any plastic bag I have placed underneath and getting it all over me, is there another way?

Q part 2: and what if I made a nice table for it...all the ones I have seen looks like its going to be an even bigger nightmare to do ash-saturday cleanup...how is ash management taken care of once you built a table around the thing?

23 minutes ago, bbqoldie said:

i had the chance to empty my AK of some ash this morning and clearly I'm a 100% plank. Besides opening the silver door, using the scraper tool and pulling the stuff out, and totally missing any plastic bag I have placed underneath and getting it all over me, is there another way?

Q part 2: and what if I made a nice table for it...all the ones I have seen looks like its going to be an even bigger nightmare to do ash-saturday cleanup...how is ash management taken care of once you built a table around the thing?

I use the ProQ charcoal basket so I can lift the basket out and shake it over a wheelie bin to get the ash off the big pieces of charcoal that are left and lose the tiny pieces then I clean the inside of the kamado with an ash hoover. Makes the job easy and takes a few minutes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gigasonix said:

I use the ProQ charcoal basket so I can lift the basket out and shake it over a wheelie bin to get the ash off the big pieces of charcoal that are left and lose the tiny pieces then I clean the inside of the kamado with an ash hoover. Makes the job easy and takes a few minutes.

and chalk one up to another gadget i didnt even know existed,...an ash hoover.
thanks!!! they look like just the thing!

On 6/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, Monkeybumcheeks said:

Hi there, I've been lurking for a bit and I will sign up for an account shortly, but in the mean time, I was wondering.....when using the heat deflector, do you put a drip tray on top of it?

Cheers in advance.

i did that for a pulled pork thing...drip tray, but with water in it. I think even an empty drip tray causes no harm, as it stops fat getting onto the deflector plate. I've read of deflector plates cracking on this model and I guess the jury is out on why this happens, but localised hotspots caused by fat that has dripped onto it may not help. If I don't do a drip tray, I cover the deflector plate in tinfoil just to keep it neat.

Edited by bbqoldie
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gigasonix said:

Hi there, that sounds like a good idea too....what size of basket would you recommend for the AK, I see there are three to choose from on the ProQ site?

On 6/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, Monkeybumcheeks said:

Hi there, that sounds like a good idea too....what size of basket would you recommend for the AK, I see there are three to choose from on the ProQ site?

I use the ProQ ranger which fits easily but leaves a bit of a gap around the edge so you do lose a bit of space to fill the bowl with charcoal compared to just using the fire bowl without the basket. The Ynni basket might be a better fit and better quality but it costs a lot more.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gigasonix said:

I use the ProQ ranger which fits easily but leaves a bit of a gap around the edge so you do lose a bit of space to fill the bowl with charcoal compared to just using the fire bowl without the basket. The Ynni basket might be a better fit and better quality but it costs a lot more.

Ok, that's great.....im trying to keep it as cheap as possible, so the Ranger it is! 

Thanks 😊

Hi guys,

Was successful in getting my AK this morning. Had been thinking of going with one of the more expensive brands. I have a few questions around some of the accessories you can get so some help would be great. Can you get a rotisserie for them? Was thinking of getting a pizza stone and cast iron grills. Initially I will be trying to master pizza and low and slow as well as standard BBQ stuff. Anything else I should get accessory wish?

Cheers,

Frankie

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dan_Mol said:

Jim Beam wood smoking chips.

You want chunks not chips really fella, chips won't last 5 minutes. Quite a few places online you can buy chunks from, I have bought my last couple of lots from jacqui1treetops on ebay, you can get mixed bags and I find the chunks are an ideal size.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:25 AM, tedmus said:

You want chunks not chips really fella, chips won't last 5 minutes. Quite a few places online you can buy chunks from, I have bought my last couple of lots from jacqui1treetops on ebay, you can get mixed bags and I find the chunks are an ideal size.

I got chunks off eBay, cherry🍒  apple🍎 pear 🍐, as well as whiskey 🥃 from barrels. To be honest I haven’t  been able to taste the difference.

Edited by guinnessaddick

Got a Pork shoulder going on mine currently, temp gauge on Aldi isn’t the best but temp sensor doesn’t arrive until tomorrow from Amazon.

Smells good, hopefully ready and pulled for football tonight!

Actually took some lighting and getting up to temperature. Using Big K charcoal and natural firelighters! Might try again tomorrow/next week and get temps higher for BBQ.

Neighbours think I’m weird, been out to check temps a million times today!

On 5/27/2021 at 10:25 PM, Kowleone said:

I Just wanted to share some research in regards to the divide and conquer system for anyone interested in purchasing one. I started by looking at the YNNI 20”. D&C. After researching the product code/SKU; TQDC20 this turns out to be the TOPQ manufacturer model. Anyway YNNI sells these for £127. I found the exact same item on the Kamodobono & Kamadokings websites for £99 (same product code). They are labelled as Multifunction two-zone grilling system (Media). Please note you have to get the media model. I was lucky enough to get one and it fits my 2021 Aldi Kamado and cheaper than buying from YNNI . I also ordered the Ash catcher (Media) which is the ash basket from Kamadobono £54:99. It arrives tomorrow so if it fits I’ll confirm back on this thread. 

Update: the media ash catcher fits but diameter is 30 cm not 32 as stated on kamado kings website. The top handles will catch the divide and conquer if you want to use the spacer for the coals. Im not sure if I the considerable gap around the edge is a good or bad thing? Any advice appreciated. Picture attached

7CF20D61-C481-4F94-802D-4D5AAE7C926B.jpeg

818F693D-032A-4A63-901E-669811DB90E2.jpeg

Hey mate - how did you get on with the basket and D & C togther?