ALDI KAMADO

andya

Just took the plunge this morning. Got a big brick b charcoal bbq and an oklahoma joe Highland offset, and a wood pizza oven but always liked the look of a kamado. And for the cost can't go wrong. A mate just bought a masterbuilt for 650 and this doesnt look to far off haha. We'll see when it arrives. 

15 hours ago, AmateurPitBoss said:

I wouldnt hold ya breath mate. DX had mine for 10/11 days last year too

You got a nice bit of kit coming. Chill, and get watching some youtube so you are a pro when it arrives!

AO are delivering it - hopefully 7.5 working days from yesterday to next weekend is enough for them to get it to me!

9 minutes ago, Kentish Man said:

Good that the delivery guys were helpful. I’ll be asking them, to take it down the side of the house to my patio if possible!

How long did it take you to build it?

I imagine they'll do that, my two were really helpful.

As for putting it together, twenty mins or so - the longest job was taking the sticky tape off of the felt pieces, took forever!

23 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I can remember this time last year, every post was about damaged Kamado’s, supplier must of up their game for this year!

Enjoy Folks :th_INGardenbbq7:

I must admit, having purchased and then stumbled across the forum and reading through last years comments, I was really worried - I'm normally quite good at doing my research but dived straight in! I was very relieved when I unpacked mine :) The returns policy that comes in the box looks quite good - free returns within 60 days, though does say you need the original packaging (mine is now in the recycling, so I hope there's no issues)! 

Obvs comes with the three-year warranty, though I must say, the quality is very, very good.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, Ferdi said:

I’ve bought one, and works very well, but am unable to find cast iron grill plate that fits this oven, 16 to 17 inches or 41 to 43cm would fit, but most are 18” or 45.5 cm

Hi, new here but awaiting delivery of my aldi kamado. I wondered which grate you bought that fits- was it the 15.5inch one? (https://www.cast-iron-grate.co.uk/15-5-cast-iron-grate-one-piece.html).

Thanks for the tip on this by the way I've been searching for ages to find one in advance. Would really appreciate knowing if it fits and if so I'll go ahead and order. Thanks

8 hours ago, CrackWilliams said:

I'm waiting on my neighbour popping by to help me lift it into the garden

Socially distancing of course :) . Its a great way to ensure your neighbour doesn't mind all the smoke coming from your house if you share the delights regularly.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Kamado newbie said:

@Kentish Man.  Did they email you or text.  Thanks.

I received an email on Tuesday to say it had been dispatched. That has tracking details in it and when I looked at that this morning, it had updated to say delivering tomorrow

41 minutes ago, Kamado newbie said:

I ordered mine at luchtime yesterday....and now they are out of stock.  I so I hope they haven't over sold!

They gone in and out of stock all week. They showed as out of stock by mid morning on Sunday, and then came back in, and have been oscillating most of the week I think.

I’m sure you’ll get your order! Hopefully you’ll get a dispatch email in the next day or so

4 minutes ago, brisketburner2020 said:

I was so close to getting the Summit but in the end the price tag just made me think twice. Nice bit of kit?

Had it 3 years now, can’t fault it. The only thing I don’t like is the gas starter, never use it. Doing a brisket on it tomorrow.