Best briquettes?

Just had an email from Green Olive Firewood with a 25% Code off their Longburn briquettes

Link

25% OFF Long Lasting Charcoal Briquettes
professional chef quality 

From as little as £4.50 per bag using discount code Roast25

8kg Bag normally £10.99 , using code Roast 25 £8.24

Bumper 80kg caterers pack normally £80, with code just £60 !

There is a  delivery charge between £10-20 depending on quantity though.

The code ROAST25 works on their Olive hardwood Chunks as well as the Briquettes

10kge net bag normally £9.49 each, with code Roast25 £7.12 each

10+ bags normally £8.33 each, with code Roast25 just £6.25each

Even with £20 delivery the caterers pack for £80 delivered still works out at a decent value of £1 a Kg

• Like 2

Went to b&q today brought 16kg of weber Briquettes for 16 quid I also just order big k coconut briquettes 8kg and there reaturant grade ump wood 15kg that was 53 quid delivered

I found the weber Briquettes burnt amzing the other day lasted for 5 hours one full chimney starter supplied it with a little oxygen and kept the temp at 150-160 nice and slow cooked the the leg of lamb beautiful  .. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jay_dyker88 said:

Went to b&q today brought 16kg of weber Briquettes for 16 quid I also just order big k coconut briquettes 8kg and there reaturant grade ump wood 15kg that was 53 quid delivered

I found the weber Briquettes burnt amzing the other day lasted for 5 hours one full chimney starter supplied it with a little oxygen and kept the temp at 150-160 nice and slow cooked the the leg of lamb beautiful  .. 

How did you get 16kg for £16???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are Big K briquettes any good?

Waitrose selling them for £7/5kg (and lumpwood for the same price).

They have bags of instant-lighting stuff next to them (which I know are not to be touched), but wondered if their standard briquettes were decent? Local garden centre does 8kg of Weber briquettes for £15.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used the nature Coco shell briquettes tonight. I'm not usually a briquette user but I was super impressed. Only niggle is the length of time to get going in the chimney compared to lump. Quick blast with the UDS pid fan and it was a goer. Lots of consistent heat and a long burn time but as usual a lot of ashing over as briquettes do. 

Will definitely give then another go.

Edited by Diggerg
Sp
  • Like 1

Gooutdoors currently doing 8kg bags of Weber Briquettes for £7.82 delivered using code Summer15 either click & collect if store nearby or currently offering Free Standard Delivery on all orders (No minimum value) if in no rush

Pretty good deal for these Briquettes

Edited by sotv
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, sotv said:

Gooutdoors currently doing 8kg bags of Weber Briquettes for £7.82 delivered using code Summer15 either click & collect if store nearby or currently offering Free Standard Delivery on all orders (No minimum value) if in no rush

Pretty good deal for these Briquettes

That's A great offer. 

10 hours ago, markie_q said:

That's A great offer. 

They don't do a lot of Weber Accessories, but noticed you can pick the griddle up for the Master Touch for £30.60 delivered with the code also, along with a 57cm Master for £163.20 . Which seems a good price and saw a lot of people using one at Woodsmoke19

• Like 1