Best briquettes?

13 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Hi Justin, do you want me to move this and all threads below to a new thread?

Or if you make a new thread I can move them over?

Seeing as i am the one who seems to have derailed this thread the most (sorry) and to get this one back on topic. I have created a lumpwood thread, that you can move my posts and any other posts you feel belong there to it.

4 hours ago, James Hocking said:

The range have heatbeads in at £6.99 for 2kg, seemed expensive in the shop but actually it’s about inline with amazon prices 

Heatbeads seem to be the popular choice for people. I must admit the C02 Neutral briquettes seem to do the job for myself at the moment. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

Heatbeads seem to be the popular choice for people. I must admit the C02 Neutral briquettes seem to do the job for myself at the moment. 

I'm switching between both. Always been a loyal heat bead user, but really liked the coconut briquettes. 

On 3/19/2019 at 9:33 AM, sotv said:

Just bought 4 bags from Amazon  from 2 different accounts (2 bags on each) came to £41.96 for 32 kg delivered with the today only discount offer they have at the moment £5 off £25 spend on each account. It is temporarily out of stock, but in no rush for it at the moment, but wanted to try it. If I was to order direct from them it would have cost me £61.96 so a decent saving overall.

Still haven’t got a delivery date 

On 3/21/2019 at 12:44 PM, James Hocking said:

I’ve always used Weber, but may try the heatbeads next week to see how they are! 

I had 4 bags of heat beads delivered a few weeks back, the first cook with them they seem to run really hot, on the second cook I had a job to obtain & hold the heat steady....this was running the Weber.

Going for a third try this Sat with friends coming around, but I'm going for the Brinkman with heat beads, so I'm not convinced yet on which I like the most, beads or good quality lump...this is on-going, much like Brexit. m01100.gif   m01100.gif   m01100.gif

Ice.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Raptor72 said:

Still haven’t got a delivery date 

Me neither and may not be for a while?. But Amazon don't take any monies till it is dispatched. So it won't cost you anything to wait and if you don't need it when it is stocked, you can just cancel it. Going to leave mine and see if I need it when they have it back in stock.

On a seperate note, I don't use them. But a reasonable deal on Weber Briquettes available at the moment @ Gooutdoors

You can get 6 bags of 8 kg for £58.94 delivered using code GOVODA10 which also gives you £10 of £50 spend so works out £9.82 a bag

or you can order 5 but you will have to pay delivery as the discount brings it under £50 so works out £10.48 a bag delivered

Make sure you select delivery as you have to show your discount card if you click and collect and pay instore, whereas you can just leave it blank for home delivery and pay the amount for online deliveries

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

Tossers !! 

Hello,

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to source the following item:

"The Green Olive Firewood Company 8kg Restaurant Grade Lumpwood Charcoal, Natural"
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LB0HPD8

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available.  This item has now been cancelled from your order #204-3215942-5037127 and we can confirm that you have not been charged fo

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Diggerg said:

It's hard to tell....I've never used this make.....at a total of 30kgs for £39 it's worth a punt.  It's one of those difficult ones you pays your money and takes your chance,  for my 2 cents if I needed any I'd go for it,  but I had 4 bags of beads only t'other week.

Ice.  m0114.gif