Lidl mini kamado 6th June £79

Raptor72

I also use an enamel plate filled with sand then covered in foil as a heat deflector / ballast. The enamel does come of the cheap Lakeland type enamel plates but it's still perfectly serviceable. That, with the made to measure pizza stone & the steel plancha. The Lidl Landmann Mini Chef Kamado is my go to from all the BBq's / smokers in the house.

Cheers n Gone NIck

Hi all, I was supposed to get a deflector cut but due to my friend changing worksites I wasn't able to. I had previosuly bought this stainless steel camping plate and borrowed a microwave grill rack from my Dad. I was hoping to use this a s a deflector but was wondering if there are any issues as it's bigger than fire bowl (Seals/covers it unless raised) or if the height directs excessive heat towards the  felt fire seal or back down the side of the fire bowl or if I'm just being over cautious. 

20200424_162528.thumb.jpg.beb54ea9b3b5e25c8d3ede9860be8a2e.jpg

20200424_162523.thumb.jpg.d50b794d53654a30511421eff0fd7e47.jpg

I plan on having the  grate sit directly on top of the plate. 

20200424_162614.thumb.jpg.e865fceb1ada7f988578fc9da4406b20.jpg

Good news it worked for a bit. until the cheap microwave rack melted and bent in the heat. I'll need to look at a more permanent solution. I was considering a Stainless steel dog bowl and some SS botls/nuts maybe go with a 6 or 8" diameter. just a nightmare getting supplies during lockdown atm. I'll order online. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just saw the lidl offer online and it is perfect timing for me as I was looking to a kamado. I think it would be best to start small but I have a few queries about the lidl version because I do wish to make pizza on the kamado. Has anyone done this yet? if so what was your set up? Thanks!

Edited by amin

8 hours ago, amin said:

Hi all

Just saw the lidl offer online and it is perfect timing for me as I was looking to a kamado. I think it would be best to start small but I have a few queries about the lidl version because I do wish to make pizza on the kamado. Has anyone done this yet? if so what was your set up? Thanks!

Take a look at @Bbq life uk, video on how it set up his Aldi Kamado to Cook Pizza

Hi all,

Complete novice to bbqing but looking to move into the world of kamado’s and saw that this is coming to Lidl this week and wondered if it’s worth it as a first step?

ive currently got a dual fuel bbq and probably wouldn’t get a proper size kamado until next year so thought this might be a great way to giving them a go before committing to a larger investment (assuming can get my hands on one this week!)

only thing that is making be hesitate is this kamado not coming with a heat deflector, is it worth it without one considering I have a charcoal side to my bbq already?

cheers and any guidance  appreciated

CJust wanted to chim mighte in as someone who bought one of these a couple of weeks ago reduced to £40 and I can imagine many might be really curious if they are any good and looking online for a review.

I'm quite new to any type of bbqing that isn't comparatively straightforward direct heat grilling. Being of Cypriot heritage I'm particularly keen to emulate foukou style rotisserie bbqing. I also own an flip top barrel style grill.

I have found this little thing so great to use. Cooking for myself and my partner I have found this to be not only quite versatile but super economical on charcoal to boot. While I am waiting on a steel disc from eBay to get started on some smoking, I have been able to cook some chicken thighs on a very low heat with the lid shut and the vents almost closed, I have also cooked some delicious ribeyes and chunks of pork shoulder over much hotter goals.

I'll be posting again in a few weeks time hopefully having had some success smoking a nice big joint of meat. Also wanted to say a big thank you to forum members who have been submitted some super informative posts!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Do4k said:

I have found this to be not only quite versatile but super economical on charcoal

Welcome to the forum Do4k..your spot on we've had one for a year or two now.  It's great for steaks, cooking for two is, I would say is it's best selling point.

Ice.

Just some friendly advise based on my own experience with purchasing the mini chef in Lidl. If you can check it before you leave the store / car park to ensure the lid, body & firebox are all in good order & not cracked. It took me three attempts to get a good one last year, although I must admit the stock in my local store did look somewhat battered.

Cheers n Gone Nick

18 hours ago, Skagg2000 said:

If you can check it before you leave the store / car park to ensure the lid, body & firebox are all in good order & not cracked.

Spot on Skagg..100%..check it..I did, it's easier to take it back in and change it if you have to...

Ice.

hi everyone,

picked one of these up this morning. any signs of damage i should be looking for just in case? 

i looked on the inside with everything emptied out and it doesn't look like there's any issues, same with the exterior.

looking forward to getting going this weekend, is there any dummies guides available?

Hi Don & welcome to the forum.  

If everything looks ok then run with it 👍  Don't know of any dummies guides as such...there's a fair bit posted about the mini Kamado, do you bbq already?? you don't need many coals for them, I think I use about 7 or so.

I have ours since last year and think it's the dogs doo-dars for cooking just for us two....they cook steaks a treat..

Ice.

Ice.

managed to pick one up this morning from Lidl, was only 4 in stock so will be amazed if they haven't gone by lunchtime today but very pleased i managed to nab one. Wife not so pleased.....!

Going to burn it in today before doing some steaks tomorrow and hopefully pork shoulder on sunday! Now to hunt a good pork shoudler recipe to give a go!

• Like 1