Woodsmoke 2019 - National Smokers and BBQ Weekend. Billing Aquadrome. 19-21 July

Wade

7 hours ago, Icefever said:

@Raptor72   We sent our goodbys via Lee,  we asked where you where and he said you were feeling a little tender this morning,  I wonder what that can be???? maybe man flu...🤣🤣🖖

Ice.

Good meeting you and Rosie finally !! Yeah I’m  recovered now . But yes it was as definitely a beer  virus or red wineitis 

• Haha 4

Sorry no one got to try my gammon, but it didn't finish cooking till nearly 7pm and everybody seemed to have had their fill by then 😀. So bought it home and got enough to last the week, had it with chips and beans last night and it was very tasty. Just got to think of a few other meals for it now, as it is a big piece  

• Like 2

The sometimes big piece cooks at tailgates. its all good, gammon and mustard sandwiches for the forseeable! I notice there was more than one gammon being cooked too.

Some ideas on these websites.  Pea and Ham soup is a winner that I have made in the past with left over gammon. Bloody delicious

https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g3862/leftover-ham-recipes/

https://www.frugalfamily.co.uk/15-favourite-ways-use-leftover-gammon/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Raptor72 said:

Good meeting you and Rosie finally !! Yeah I’m  recovered now . But yes it was as definitely a beer  virus or red wineitis 

Great to meet you and Lee, such a good laugh, adn what can possibly beat drunken sausage cooking at 2am?? 😂

• Haha 2

Fantastic weekend thanks to Steve & wade for organising it, great to meet old friends an make new ones.  Just had a tea of left overs that Paul vac packed and they were every bit as good as sat nights feast. Roll on 2020

• Like 1

Just got back from WoodSmoke 19 (and work), what a truly Fantastic weekend. Great to see new faces amongst the regulars.

What a total blast it has been, great food, great drink, great company and @Raptor72!

Would just like to take the time to thank people who kindly donate prizes for the raffle, @Dave for the Inkbird, even though he did not attend the event, and Inkbird @Inkbird for there donation, which @Walksha1 won.

Once again thank you all for a great weekend, and already planning WoodSmoke 20, announcements in a couple of weeks on dates and venue!

Off to get some rest 😴

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Steve j said:

Fantastic weekend thanks to Steve & wade for organising it, great to meet old friends an make new ones.  Just had a tea of left overs that Paul vac packed and they were every bit as good as sat nights feast. Roll on 2020

Padron  peppers were excellent ! 

Remember you promised to adopt me dad ! 

• Haha 1

1)Open car door 

2)Drive to Tesco 

3) Open wallet 

4) Pay for £10 meal deal including wine 

5) Stick meat into a fiery wood burning thing of choice with cast iron skillet 

6)peel back foil lid of side dishes and stick in conventional oven 

7) Take picture and refrain from passing it off as yours 

😎😎 Eat it and congratulate yourself on a quick job well done ! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Just got back from WoodSmoke 19 (and work), what a truly Fantastic weekend. Great to see new faces amongst the regulars.

What a total blast it has been, great food, great drink, great company and @Raptor72!

Would just like to take the time to thank people who kindly donate prizes for the raffle, @Dave for the Inkbird, even though he did not attend the event, and Inkbird @Inkbird for there donation, which @Walksha1 won.

Once again thank you all for a great weekend, and already planning WoodSmoke 20, announcements in a couple of weeks on dates and venue!

Off to get some rest 😴

Looking forward to receiving it and trying it steve 

• Like 3

Was a great weekend . And everybody thinking of going to one ? . Please try your best to attend . We all cook to our abilities strengths  and ideas .

We all make mistakes and adapt or change recipe /cooking implements !  Everyone helps and encourages you all the way through  . 

The only fundamental prerequisite is you must have a sense of humour ! 

Edited by Raptor72
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1