Woodsmoke 2019 - National Smokers and BBQ Weekend. Billing Aquadrome. 19-21 July

Wade

Ok so lee and I are doing pizzas on wood fired oven . 

I’m cooking some Guyanese garlic and onion roti flatbreads . That will complement Steve’s kellybab . Possibly hot habenero lime chicken wings 

Edited by Raptor72
  • Like 2

Thanks for the offer Justin, but happy to order some for myself, in case you have need of it in the future. 

@Icefever What sort of quantity do you think I would need to seal the two stackers and the 2 doors? and would I apply it to the edge of the stacker that goes inside the other one and the rim lid of the ProQ that fits inside the top one?

Any opinions on this brush, for cleaning the surface of the stackers, thought about a  steel drill bit brush one first, but indifferent reviews. but the BBQ cleaning brush I linked seems well reviewed and on a Prime deal at the moment.

Edited by sotv

13 minutes ago, Justin said:

LOL, I am trying to get rid of it, do not need it.

re Brush I have one of those, it is useless.You can have that if you want it or tryit out before buying

That exact one or something similar? Got to get something to clean the surface and that looked the best of what I could see?

Similar not exactly the same, I still think the basic works best, weber one:

Those amazon reviews, half of them look like they are commenting form the unpacking stage not the using stage

I also use weber grill cleaner which is excellent

20190715_150701.thumb.jpg.9ebaf2160bd03f9d2a51e9fed890d0b7.jpg

I used weber cleaner and scrubbed with wire brush, then hot wash on dishwasher and then it came of easier with the wire brush again and a scraper. looking cleaner that is for sure, not perfect but better . Took about an hour on and off 

20190715_150701.thumb.jpg.9ebaf2160bd03f9d2a51e9fed890d0b7.jpg

On 7/15/2019 at 2:51 PM, Justin said:

LOL, I am trying to get rid of it, do not need it.

re Brush I have one of those, it is useless.You can have that if you want it or tryit out before buying

I could do with some if you want rid mate, I’ll reimburse you for it obviously.

Thanks to the organisers for a great weekend, good company, lovely food, me and my group thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Anybody umming and arring  about attending their first one, like me, well worth it.. Looking forward to next years already 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sotv said:

Looking forward to next years already 👍

Well said Steve,  glad everything worked out in the end, looks like the old fire tape trick done the job?? the ProQ seemed to behave herself. 🤞

Nice to meet up with new folks and put a face to their avatar forum name....now we know what @Raptor72 looks like, and Lee, which we think should join the forum....:thumb1:

Here's to "Woodsmoke20"....:yahoo:  but one small question?? can we ask to be sited where we where last year, IMHO it seemed a better place, more passing footfall were folks can stop and ask what's going on??  ....just my 2 cents. 

Ice.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Well said Steve,  glad everything worked out in the end, looks like the old fire tape trick done the job?? the ProQ seemed to behave herself. 🤞

Nice to meet up with new folks and put a face to their avatar forum name....now we know what @Raptor72 looks like, and Lee, which we think should join the forum....:thumb1:

Here's to "Woodsmoke20"....:yahoo:  but one small question?? can we ask to be sited where we where last year, IMHO it seemed a better place, more passing footfall were folks can stop and ask what's going on??  ....just my 2 cents. 

Ice.

Lol 😂 

• Like 1

Had an amazing time once again! Great to see everyone, familiar and new! 

Huge thanks to @Wade and @Smokin Monkey as well as Joyce and Jill for organising the whole thing again and putting so much work in, and of course a huge thanks to everyone who turned up to break bread and share drinks, stories, laughs and knowledge!

Heres to another great year and more to come. 👍🏻🍺

• Like 3