Anybody Else Had Covid-19 yet?

sotv

Without being tested can never be 100% sure. But I am pretty certain I started showing symptoms on Friday and suffered with it through to  (Monday) and feeling much better today Tuesday.

I would class my illness luckily as mild overall, I have only been out my front door once in the last 10 days to buy some essentials (a week last Sunday) , for literally bread and milk as couldn't get any home delivery slots and that appears enough to have caught it, in my case.

Although I have kept apart from my wife in seperate parts of the house since Friday, I worry and feel guilty that she may catch it now, so have to keep an eye on her for another week at least.

Anyway, everybody stay safe out there and if you are in a vulnerable group, stay indoors.

Morning Steve. 

Sorry to hear about it,  fingers crossed that your wife will not catch it??  We're ok here at the moment,  same with the del slot no hope, so I rang Bookers yesterday and I've got a 11.00 am slot.  I'm going to use my full face mask that I use for spraying whatever around the farm...along with silicone gloves...just hope for the best.

This is going to wipe out 2020, their  (Gov) are talking about upto a total of 6 months???  To everyone on here just stay as safe as you can 🤞

Ice.

I had a cold that i finally got over 4 days after about two weeks of coughing stuff up, but i think that is just one of the usual viruses at this time.  Not every cold cough is covid 19.

A woman in Lidl coughed and hacked all over me in the queue at the till 3 weeks ago, plague woman.

Short of a test it is impossible to conclude that. I think another virus is going around like it sometimes does at this time of year. 

What I do get it with this isolation route is we will not as a nation gain immunity, Say we get through it then someone arrives by plane from say Brazil or India etc... and it all starts again?  Will anyone arriving into country have to go in 14 days isolation for the foreseeable?  Seems mad

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Icefever said:

Morning Steve. 

Sorry to hear about it,  fingers crossed that your wife will not catch it??  We're ok here at the moment,  same with the del slot no hope, so I rang Bookers yesterday and I've got a 11.00 am slot.  I'm going to use my full face mask that I use for spraying whatever around the farm...along with silicone gloves...just hope for the best.

This is going to wipe out 2020, their  (Gov) are talking about upto a total of 6 months???  To everyone on here just stay as safe as you can 🤞

Ice.

Be careful, if you are in the vulnerable group, see if you can get someone else to do it... and if you do have to go out best to wear protection, even if it makes you feel silly.

31 minutes ago, Justin said:

I had a cold that i finally got over 4 days after about two weeks of coughing stuff up, but i think that is just one of the usual viruses at this time.  Not every cold cough is covid 19.

A woman in Lidl coughed and hacked all over me in the queue at the till 3 weeks ago, plague woman.

Short of a test it is impossible to conclude that. I think another virus is going around like it sometimes does at this time of year. 

What I do get it with this isolation route is we will not as a nation gain immunity, Say we get through it then someone arrives by plane from say Brazil or India etc... and it all starts again?  Will anyone arriving into country have to go in 14 days isolation for the foreseeable?  Seems mad

Their is no phlegm with this cough and no runny nose or sneezing  like symptoms (certainly in my case), if your coughing stuff up and got a runny nose, you've more than likely had a normal winter cold/virus and need to remain vigilant

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sotv said:

Be careful, if you are in the vulnerable group, see if you can get someone else to do it... and if you do have to go out best to wear protection, even if it makes you feel silly.

Their is no phlegm with this cough and no runny nose or sneezing  like symptoms (certainly in my case), if your coughing stuff up and got a runny nose, you've more than likely had a normal winter cold/virus and need to remain vigilant

I agree

25 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I have had a dry cough for 3 weeks now, since returning from France. No other symptoms.

I can only go by my own symptoms, I have had the main 2

A very dry cough that came in spurts of 30 minutes to an hour over the last 60 hours

Chest and bottom of back hot to the touch (hotter than my forehead was)

Couple of other things that may not show for everyone but did for me

Tiredness (slept a lot, no bad thing as seemed to ease the coughing and worrying about the unknown at the time)

Sore gritty eyes (if you have suffered with hayfever, like that, without the runny nose) very difficult not to touch your face, with this symptom as well.

Even without a test, I ticked all the boxes, you are meant to be able to buy a test over the counter at Boots or Amazon in the coming weeks for £6 that will allow you to test yourself to see if you have had it, after the event. Which will be a big thing and put a lot of peoples mind at rest I think as no wide scale testing available to test if you have actually got it at the time, for the general public.

I have been speaking to my grand-daughter who is a sister on the cystic fybrosis ward at the hospital she works at, which is now the acute high dependency ward for coronavirus patients at that hospital and from what I have told her, she is pretty certain I have had it as well.

4 days on I am still sore from the coughing and still cough occasionally, but feeling much, much better in myself and consider myself lucky as I am diabetic. I just now have to hope, I/we have done enough to keep it away from my wife 🤞

Edited by sotv
  • Sad 1

I went to Bookers yesterday and managed to get veg and some meat, no tinned stuff at all. Plenty of suff we do not need, choc, sweets, paper cups, plastic forks, no flour at all, I wonder how much of the panic buying that some twats did will sit in a cupboard and go out of date or stale and get thrown in the bin?

Like most folks are finding there are no del slots for the next 2 weeks, so why even try??

Ice.

I think the herd immunity is the best plan for the next 12 months as there probably won’t be a vaccine for the next year. The reason they have isolated everyone is so the NHS doesn’t get overwhelmed. 
It seems that there are huge amount of people are barely getting any symptoms while for other people it really hits them hard/kills them. 
Good luck to everyone out there. It will get easier in the next couple of months, but as they said it’s going to be at least 6 months before things return to normal. 

• Like 1

I am thinking with stay at home there will be no herd immunity therefore I think this will stay until such time as there mass testing and or a vaccine. Clearly we are not being told everything scientist group that advises the government is thinking.

I also think when the government says 6 months that means they do not know and it is easy to extend so how long is a piece of string.  

On 3/31/2020 at 5:46 AM, sotv said:

Without being tested can never be 100% sure. But I am pretty certain I started showing symptoms on Friday and suffered with it through to  (Monday) and feeling much better today Tuesday.

I would class my illness luckily as mild overall, I have only been out my front door once in the last 10 days to buy some essentials (a week last Sunday) , for literally bread and milk as couldn't get any home delivery slots and that appears enough to have caught it, in my case.

Although I have kept apart from my wife in seperate parts of the house since Friday, I worry and feel guilty that she may catch it now, so have to keep an eye on her for another week at least.

Part 2

I can only go by my own symptoms, I have had the main 2

A very dry cough that came in spurts of 30 minutes to an hour over the last 60 hours

Chest and bottom of back hot to the touch (hotter than my forehead was)

Couple of other things that may not show for everyone but did for me

Tiredness (slept a lot, no bad thing as seemed to ease the coughing and worrying about the unknown at the time)

Sore gritty eyes (if you have suffered with hayfever, like that, without the runny nose) very difficult not to touch your face, with this symptom as well.

Even without a test, I ticked all the boxes, you are meant to be able to buy a test over the counter at Boots or Amazon in the coming weeks for £6 that will allow you to test yourself to see if you have had it, after the event. Which will be a big thing and put a lot of peoples mind at rest I think as no wide scale testing available to test if you have actually got it at the time, for the general public.

I have been speaking to my grand-daughter who is a sister on the cystic fybrosis ward at the hospital she works at, which is now the acute high dependency ward for coronavirus patients at that hospital and from what I have told her, she is pretty certain I have had it as well.

4 days on I am still sore from the coughing and still cough occasionally, but feeling much, much better in myself and consider myself lucky as I am diabetic. I just now have to hope, I/we have done enough to keep it away from my wife 🤞

Well I typed that a bit premature, it came back to bite me in the arse 8 hours later and gave me a worrying 36 hours or so, cough came back twice as vicious and painful with it in my lungs, every time I did. Also experienced shortness of breath and struggling to get air into me for the first time in my life, for 24 hours or so and if that is what proper asthmatics have to go through, you have my respect. A little bit scary tbh.

Reluctant to call it over for a second time, but woke up this morning and my whole body although sore in places from all the coughing, feels very, very different in a good way than it did this time yesterday. So fingers crossed, that really is it now.

Stay safe everyone and just stay indoors unless you really, really have to go outside. It’s not pleasant, even if this is what they class as mild symptoms, in my experience.

Edited by sotv
  • Sad 1

Scary shit mate...glad you came through it ok...how's the wife and family? we're keeping away from everyone, we have a wonderful friend who works with the NHS and she popped over yesterday with flour, baked beans, a bottle of wine & 4 cans of Guinness bless her. When this is all over she is getting whatever is her favourite meal just to spoil her.

Ice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Icefever said:

Scary mate...glad you came through it ok...how's the wife and family? we're keeping away from everyone, we have a wonderful friend who works with the NHS and she popped over yesterday with flour, baked beans, a bottle of wine & 4 cans of Guinness bless her. When this is all over she is getting whatever is her favourite meal just to spoil her.

Ice.

Fantastic Ice. I hope everyone on here will have more respect for our NHS staff who have been fantastic throughout. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Icefever said:

Scary mate...glad you came through it ok...how's the wife and family? we're keeping away from everyone, we have a wonderful friend who works with the NHS and she popped over yesterday with flour, baked beans, a bottle of wine & 4 cans of Guinness bless her. When this is all over she is getting whatever is her favourite meal just to spoil her.

Ice.

That's nice of them, neighbours daughter works at Aldi and got us some bits and pieces in yesterday, through texting (thank heavens for phones), which was good of her. Actually managed to get a home delivery from Tesco for tomorrow, for the first time in over 4 weeks, earlier this morning. So that takes a bit of pressure of also having to go out again in the near future.

My wife is still showing no signs and I am hoping with all my heart it stays that way.

Can hear the neighbour on the other side next door coughing away like a good'un through the walls since yesterday and regularly hear 3 or 4 ambulances a day blue lighting and shooting up and down the main road outside daily now. Getting the feeling things are starting to happen, with regards to this virus. Certainly where I live

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sotv said:

Well I typed that a bit premature, it came back to bite me in the arse 8 hours later and gave me a worrying 36 hours or so, cough came back twice as vicious and painful with it in my lungs, every time I did. Also experienced shortness of breath and struggling to get air into me for the first time in my life, for 24 hours or so and if that is what proper asthmatics have to go through, you have my respect. A little bit scary tbh.

Reluctant to call it over for a second time, but woke up this morning and my whole body although sore in places from all the coughing, feels very, very different in a good way than it did this time yesterday. So fingers crossed, that really is it now.

Stay safe everyone and just stay indoors unless you really, really have to go outside. It’s not pleasant, even if this is what they class as mild symptoms, in my experience.

Sorry to hear that, that sounds more like the symptoms i read about,  glad you are coming through it.  

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Fantastic Ice. I hope everyone on here will have more respect for our NHS staff who have been fantastic throughout. 

We would be up the creek without a paddle mate.

58 minutes ago, sotv said:

That's nice of them, neighbours daughter works at Aldi and got us some bits and pieces in yesterday, through texting (thank heavens for phones), which was good of her. Actually managed to get a home delivery from Tesco for tomorrow, for the first time in over 4 weeks, earlier this morning. So that takes a bit of pressure of also having to go out again in the near future.

My wife is still showing no signs and I am hoping with all my heart it stays that way.

Can hear the neighbour on the other side next door coughing away like a good'un through the walls since yesterday and regularly hear 3 or 4 ambulances a day blue lighting and shooting up and down the main road outside daily now. Getting the feeling things are starting to happen, with regards to this virus. Certainly where I live

I'm now baking bread for another 3 folks..it's great to have friends you can rely on. Good news about your home del...fingers crossed for your wife give her a kiss from us both xxx.

Stay away from your neighbours next door if I were you mate. 😉

Ice.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife is finally home after a week in hospital with it.  Continuously pumped full of antibiotics and other meds. Managed to avoid intensive care but they did go and see her 3 times, thats how bad she was. She says she could only describe it as a war zone. She had to watch 3 other women on her ward die alone as noone is allowed to visit. Sad times but am forever grateful to the NHS. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

48 minutes ago, Diggerg said:

My wife is finally home after a week in hospital with it.  Continuously pumped full of antibiotics and other meds. Managed to avoid intensive care but they did go and see her 3 times, thats how bad she was. She says she could only describe it as a war zone. She had to watch 3 other women on her ward die alone as noone is allowed to visit. Sad times but am forever grateful to the NHS. 

Glad your wife is back home safe mate. It’s not an easy time out there. Help people around you if you can, and take care out there. I still have had to travel into London at the moment and I have never seen it as quite as it is. It’s a truly strange time right now. 

1 hour ago, Diggerg said:

She had to watch 3 other women on her ward die alone as noone is allowed to visit. Sad times but am forever grateful to the NHS. 

Wow Diggerg....We're so sad that your dear wife had to watch 3 women die,  no one should have to find themselves in that situation. Our hearts go out to all of those that have had this virus , but also to all the folks on the front line...and wish your wife well now she's back home with the family.

27 minutes ago, Simon said:

Help people around you if you can, and take care out there.

100% Simon...the village where we live has gone back in time to a point where folks care about each other.  We're all pulling together, helping each other, I just hope that it stay's when we get through it all??

Ice.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Diggerg said:

Hope she recovers speedily.

Our Sister-in-law who has been to some of the earlier Tailgates, has been battling this for the last two weeks, she’s been back to the hospital this morning, and been given inflammatory tablets and strong painkillers? 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Wade said:

It must be quite regional I think. Where we are we dont know of anyone who has had it or who know of anyone who knows someone who has had it.

Wade (aka Wade-No-Mates)

Same here the nearest case we know of is miles away,  no one in the village is down with it as yet??. says in the lastest news Raab talking about the 7th May before lifting the lockdown?? 

Coronavirus is TEN TIMES deadlier than the 2009 swine flu pandemic which killed 200,000, WHO reveals

There's no telling where or when this will end,  quote.."South Korea reported today that at least 116 people initially cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again".

This seems to be the main fear of lifting lockdown only to get a 2nd wave hit us.

As for being a Billy no mates is not a bad thing at the moment mate, you won't catch anything that way...😂🤣.

Ice.