UK LOCK DOWN!

Smokin Monkey

..........UK LOCK DOWN...........

It’s looking likely the UK will be following the rest of the world and going in to LOCK DOWN!

Are you ready, reports of panic buying Charcoal have been reported.

9BDE8655-A2F6-41A3-9ACE-9C065D9C164F.thumb.jpeg.bb4c71ad1f940acda103b47b1eaa6a4b.jpeg

Shelf’s are being stripped, if desperate measures are needed, you can go for the second option,

3B21AEDA-1D6F-4A05-A3E1-0E9B8FA893CE.thumb.jpeg.ef95fbe87c4c25b1d500e74408278453.jpeg

but I would stay well clear of the third option 😂

2159D187-3367-4AA8-8EF8-DEEB06677900.thumb.jpeg.d46419c3b6196d2b5763e79d1234c5c3.jpeg

STAY SAFE, and BBQ ON!

• Like 4

This should be in the Rant thread mate, give me something to have a rant about...😂 I can't see how the hell it's all going to work out. I wouldn't want Boris job for love nor money, he started off with Brexit then came the GE, after that we've had storm after storm followed by the worse floods for years.
I don't know what the rest of the year will be like??  so far 2020 is smegging shite. 👿  keep smiling.

Ice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was wondering why everyone was buying toilet roll 🤔🤔🤔. It makes sense now. It’s going to be used to light the charcoal.

I think we need to let people know there are better firelighters, that way I won’t have to use newspaper to wipe my arse by the end of the week. 

• Haha 2

This is going from bad to worse.....I can't see any of the bbq events based over the next 4/5 months being held??? We have Brew-n-Q,  fire chef in May, and what going to happen with our own events?? it's just so sad.  I know we have to be careful, but the info coming from the Gov is so piecemeal, no one seems to know what's gong on!!!

Ice.

• Confused 1

Maybe the Chinese did this on purpose to ruin the economies of the western word? I kid you not this was an opinion someone said to me the other day, the long game of the Chinese ruling the world. Shares tumble, Chinese buy up more companies on the cheap

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Icefever said:

This is going from bad to worse.....I can't see any of the bbq events based over the next 4/5 months being held??? We have Brew-n-Q,  fire chef in May, and what going to happen with our own events?? it's just so sad.  I know we have to be careful, but the info coming from the Gov is so piecemeal, no one seems to know what's gong on!!!

Ice.

I think the government has handled this pretty well (without making this too political). I know it’s frustrating that there isn’t much to go on, but the fact is if everyone just stayed hygienic it wouldn’t be too big a problem. Everyone that is demanding we all isolate for 2+ weeks is silly. There are more deaths from simple flu a year in the UK. I think the idea of not panicking is a good one.

At a guess I think a lot of events in April will probably be cancelled as that’s roughly when they are guessing the UK will hit its peak. As self employed if they shut everything up then it will cause a huge problem for me financially. 

Ive also just come back from Butlins with the kid and it has been fine. They’ve kept the rides clean and plenty of places to clean hands, which is what I think we need. 

Hi All,
It is with great regret that we have to cancel Brew n Q due to the current Corona virus situation. We have already lost many travelling teams and judges who, at the moment, are simply not allowed to travel, aswell as major sponsors. Experts are predicting that the ‘height’ of the virus in the U.K. could be beginning of June. So with that in mind we decided to make the decision sooner rather than delaying the inevitable. 
Love to you all and many apologies if you have made travel plans or purchased flights already. Stay healthy and safe all of you. Hope to go ahead in 2021. Any team and sponsor that has already paid has the choice to carry their entry fee over to next year or receive a refund.

Lyndz and Scott Lane.

I dont think that this will be the last...

• Sad 1

To jump on a bit of a rant (I know it’s not Tuesday) but I’m getting sick and tired of listening to people screaming that we should be on lockdown. I’m self employed and if they shut everything down I’ll have no work and it will cause a serious problem for me and my family. 
I was working at a school yesterday and the teachers were all complaining that they might get it if they stay open. They were all young healthy people so there would be no real harm. One of them was complaining that she wanted to visit her grandmother at the weekend and said she still was and it would be the school’s and government’s fault if she gave it to her grandmother for not shutting the school. They were all moaning they couldn’t have the school closed so they could be paid for working from home, not thinking about the ramifications for the parents that would have to find care for their children. Selfish people!

• Like 3

My wife is earning nothing as cafe shut. My daughter works at cinema. Bless the employers who are prioritising deep cleaning shifts while cinema is closed to the young employees who have bills like rent so they at least get some pay. Look after employees brings loyalty. 

• Like 2

Possibly doing me last day of work for the foreseeable future.

Can’t work from home, Events and Festivals cancelled.

Two good things to come out of this,

1. Built a wood cold smoker yesterday!

2. All that meat stocked in the freezer will finally get BBQ’ED. (All ready stock pilled 12 bags of Charcoal).

• Sad 2

Can see a lot of our partners and kids getting very pissed off with smoked foods being plonked in front of them most days of the week for the foreseeable, to cope with our boredom 😃.

Experienced my first social distancing today, the postman delivered a verified by age parcel, which you normally have to show a form of id to them and sign for it. He left it on the step and stood at the end of the drive,  (more like 20-25 feet) mumbled something, when I opened the door and picked it up and off he went. Sensible precaution , but all felt a little bit weird

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Simon said:

Obviously to anyone on here who is worried financially or worried for their health, I wish you well. 

Nice thought Simon, if we all lived by it the world would be a far better place....we live in a very small village, so all pull together. Help each other like 50 years back,  don't want it any other way..😉

Ice.

• Like 1

I can put my hand on heart and say we have not gone out panic buying.  When I see the photos on the media of shops with empty shelves it makes my blood boil. The main supermarkets are saying that they will now restricting panic/bulk buying....WHY DID THEY NOT introduce this a month back?? WTF is the problem with these folks who we rely on to do the right thing. t1929.gif

Rant over...

Ice.

When the Sars virus was around there was a a vaccine being developed but the hot weather arrived and Sars went away so they shelved the vaccine research,   Why did no they not continue as it would have helped now with both being corona viruses.

With billions and trillions of cost now being incurred think of how easy it would have been to have funded this research rather than playing catch up.  

• Like 2

This is what happens, when Coronavirus has people on lock down!

6AABE322-D98A-4680-A88A-C3984F2B4C4B.thumb.jpeg.c87e1ffc8917d3cbaaf5270106b53852.jpeg

C92459A8-ED89-42A4-B912-DC02912488CC.thumb.jpeg.85fd2abbda7d00c8d476aa0d7ab8b7af.jpeg

Timber Smoke House for my Borniak Smoker. It’s electric heat but use it mainly for Cold Smoking.

Got to be careful now, Her in doors will want me now to get the DIY-jobs done around the house, :wife: 

Sorry @Icefever, I have sinned, I have been Panic Buying!

A58AA45C-CBD7-4A4D-8B4E-E049DB3D9705.thumb.jpeg.5714fb42c3e820e0d664af7bc9f66d2c.jpeg

• Like 1