UK LOCK DOWN!

Smokin Monkey

7 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Got a Rabbit in the freezer, if food gets desperate, might have to do a Cassoulet! 🐇🐇🐇

We've a brace of pheasants in the freezer, there are so many versions of Cassoulet,  as we found out when we lived there.  The main one that most folks do is using sausages, even the tinned version is mainly sausage.

Ice.

3 hours ago, Icefever said:

We've a brace of pheasants in the freezer, there are so many versions of Cassoulet,  as we found out when we lived there.  The main one that most folks do is using sausages, even the tinned version is mainly sausage.

Ice.

Duck is my favourite 😋😋😋

• Like 2

I enjoyed the weather yesterday by sitting in my garden with a book while the little one marked everything with chalk. 
Managed to get the bbq out to make meatballs and pasta, will take some pics next time as it came out really well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Icefever said:

Matt Hancock has just told Sophy Ridge on Sky news that sunbathing is not allowed....??????? how do you think that one will be enforced??  coppers going around and slapping a ticket on someone's naked backside?😂😂

Ice.

You know. Sadly there are people out there who will make comments like this and mean them. 🙄🙄

• Confused 1

They say stay in, have food delivered, have you tried??? I've just logged onto Tesco's no slots until the 1st May. Asda is only showing 7 days those are all booked.  Looked at Amazon for bread yeast and there's a guy on there selling a 500 gr pack at nearly 4 times the RRP..it should be stopped now.

Rant over.

Ice.

Edited by Icefever

• 2 months later...

Not a lot happening here of late,  still looks like a complete cockup where the Gov is concerned.  First we're in, then we're out, make you think of the oki koki...😅..

Listening to the news this morning about wearing face masks,  the wife had to go for an ultrasound on her shoulder last Fri. The hospital rang her before and said could she wear a mask & gloves for her appointment.

She turned up wearing both to find not one nurse or member of the public wearing either.....why?? Will we ever beat this virus?? I'm sure I don't know.

Ice.

• Like 1

same here mate, i have a serious lung condition so have been shielding, but i do have to go out as the wife does not drive and we have nobody else to assist, i stay in the car, she wear's mask and gloves, carries sanitizer and generally use's common sense,  from day 1 where i am, people have been generally carrying on as normal, no ppe, no social distance, they just do not seem to care, they way this shower of clowns have handled things has only added to this so its getting to a stage where i am literally becoming a prisoner in my own home due to the inconsideration/selfishness of others.😠

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icefever said:

Not a lot happening here of late,  still looks like a complete cockup where the Gov is concerned.  First we're in, then we're out, make you think of the oki koki...😅..

Listening to the news this morning about wearing face masks,  the wife had to go for an ultrasound on her shoulder last Fri. The hospital rang her before and said could she wear a mask & gloves for her appointment.

She turned up wearing both to find not one nurse or member of the public wearing either.....why?? Will we ever beat this virus?? I'm sure I don't know.

Ice.

call me a tinfoil hatter .. but it's a little worst than the flue for young un's  for older folk it depends if you have anything else .. 

now is it just a control trial ? lock down see what happens .. the swiss din't and there fine.

and most of the lrg hospitals were not used ? my wife and son both work at morrisons .. neither have been ill and he's in the pharmacy 

yet they talk to hundreds of people a day .. 

i do find it strange 

1 hour ago, smokeyjoe said:

same here mate, i have a serious lung condition so have been shielding,

Very sorry to hear Smokey....when you see all what goes on around us,  our village has toed the line so we feel and are safe.  I do nip out to bookers every other week as we do buy bulk, but always mask & gloves.

1 hour ago, smokeyjoe said:

they way this shower of clowns have handled things has only added to this

By clowns I think your on about the UK Gov?? I can only agree more with you.

1 hour ago, flearider said:

but it's a little worst than the flue for young un's  for older folk it depends if you have anything else

Well young un's have been dying also....as for the older folk, my wife is 74 later this year and I'm 73,  I've had Pneumonia twice back in 2015...and the wife has to be careful of any chest infections, so for us two we've had to watch what we're doing...lets all keep our fingers crossed it's over soon.🤞

Ice.

3 hours ago, smokeyjoe said:

same here mate, i have a serious lung condition so have been shielding, but i do have to go out as the wife does not drive and we have nobody else to assist, i stay in the car, she wear's mask and gloves, carries sanitizer and generally use's common sense,  from day 1 where i am, people have been generally carrying on as normal, no ppe, no social distance, they just do not seem to care, they way this shower of clowns have handled things has only added to this so its getting to a stage where i am literally becoming a prisoner in my own home due to the inconsideration/selfishness of others.😠

Sorry to hear of your Lung Condition.

This human Melware has totally devastated my Business for this year, Yet I have stuck rigorously to the Lock Down rules, do not think I left my house/garden for 4 weeks at one point.

The wife has to work (NHS) so she’s been doing most of the shopping on the way home.

The only good thing to come out of this is Boris has payed me to build my home Pub, The Monkey Arms.

A912B2C3-0485-4A6C-BB65-3DBA26F14900.thumb.png.2dba063fd9c6b8b95b776dd057697526.png

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Well here we are Aug 3rd, the Gov are talking about the over 50's going into lockdown again,  there's talk of a 2nd wave, which I think most of us predicted would happen. Shops are open one day, shut the next, folks are losing their jobs, where's the money coming from to pay the bills??.

Wish we had a time machine.....I'd go straight back to the 70's..I'm thinking of starting a "Gofund me" so I can buy an island just to get away from it all...😆  will we ever see another Tailgate??? or were they just a figment of my imagination?

Ice.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Justin said:

What do you mean over 50's going into lockdown again? It has not happened before.

This is the first time...It's in the media, online, TV news mate...maybe gossip???who knows?? it's leaked then later it turned out that it's true after all..🤯

Ice.

Edited by Icefever

We shall see, i not imagine it will be blanket over 50's when the highest rate of increase in infections is the under 40's, i.e younger people think they impervious and one of the driving forces behind a possible 2nd wave of course they could be asymptomatic and the spreaders of the virus....

Edited by Justin

1 hour ago, Icefever said:

This is the first time...It's in the media, online, TV news mate...maybe gossip???who knows?? it's leaked then later it turned out that it's true after all..🤯

Ice.

I think it's just contingency planning for worst case scenario that has been leaked? Press are jumping on anything at the moment to sell papers.

5 minutes ago, tedmus said:

I think it's just contingency planning for worst case scenario that has been leaked? Press are jumping on anything at the moment to sell papers.

I agree, I do not read the papers, full of mistruths and incitement