Pastrami

Diggerg

My first go at pastrami tomorrow. My son got me a salt beef flat from bookers. Soaking overnight with water changed to remove salt then into the UDS with a recipe from Malcolm Reed for his version. Can't wait.

Edited by Diggerg
  • Like 1

Pastrami is my all time favorite meat, I've been thinking of having a go for some time now.  We were in our Booker yesterday getting the meaty ribs along with a load of other stuff.

I'm going again next week will look out for the same salt beef flat cut.

Ice.  m0114.gif

32 minutes ago, Simon said:

How to BBQ right is my favourite cooking videos on YouTube. 

Except for the ones by Marcus 😉😉

I have the android app. All his recipes and videos in one place. 

Edited by Diggerg

22 hours ago, Diggerg said:

Following this for now. Love the smell of freshly ground coriander seeds. Smells like blue moon wheat beer. 😋😋😋

I really like the ready ground coriander you can buy and use it in my own homemade rub I use for pork and beef, works great and nice flavour i find.

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy T said:

That looks fantastic, I am now inspired to have a crack at this 😃

All I can say is i ummed and arrred but in the end just gave it a go. Not disappointed in the least. Might not be to everyone's taste but I made it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Icefever said:

Just been on our local Booker site, can't find this salt beef flat joint.  I'll give Dave the butcher a call and see if they are having any in??

Ice.

@IcefeverThey are chilled not frozen. 1/2 salt brisket flat. They are listed under the fresh beef listing.

Screenshot_20190518_095350_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Diggerg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just been to c humphrey s and chatted about your picture of jacobs ladder, he said he always cuts them like that too as they look more presentable on the plate, it is harder to cut through the bone once it is  cooked.  All good  go for it, they will be lovely i think

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1