Wood fired pizza - Weber Summit

David

46 minutes ago, David said:

Need to work on the dough recipe, has anyone got a fool proof recipe?

This is my go to Dough Recipe.

Pizza Dough  
Serves: 8

Ingredients:

1 kg Strong White Flour
4 ml Salt
2 7g Sachets Dried Yeast
14 ml Golden Castor Sugar
59 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:

For the pizza dough, sieve salt and flour onto a clean work surface and make a well in the middle. In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil into 650ml lukewarm water and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well. Using a fork, bring the flour in gradually from the sides and swirl it into the liquid. When it all starts to come together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean hands. Knead until you have a smooth, springy dough. Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl and cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for an hour until the dough has doubled in size.

Remove the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead it around a bit to push the air out. You can use it immediately, or keep it, wrapped in clingfilm, in the fridge (or freezer) until required. If using straight away, divide the dough up into 6 to 8 balls.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 9:29 AM, Smokin Monkey said:

Pizza Dough  

Ingredients:

1 kg Strong White Flour
4 ml Salt
2 7g Sachets Dried Yeast

Directions:

For the pizza dough, sieve salt and flour onto a clean work surface and make a well in the middle. In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil into 650ml lukewarm water and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well. Using a fork, bring the flour in gradually from the sides and swirl it into the liquid. When it all starts to come together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean hands. Knead until you have a smooth, springy dough. Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl and cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for an hour until the dough has doubled in size.

Remove the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead it around a bit to push the air out. You can use it immediately, or keep it, wrapped in clingfilm, in the fridge (or freezer) until required. If using straight away, divide the dough up into 6 to 8 balls.

Cheers, will try next time.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:52 AM, Simon said:

How is the Summit? I’ve got a Kettle at the moment and seen the Summit but not sure whether to get it.

on another note I’ve done some pizzas on the stone but want to change the dough up. When I retry I’ll post the method up. 

I’ve had the Summit for 2 years now and to be honest there is little to complain about.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:29 AM, Smokin Monkey said:

Pizza Dough  

Ingredients:

1 kg Strong White Flour
4 ml Salt
2 7g Sachets Dried Yeast

Directions:

I used this recipe today so the kids could make pizza. Turned out really well but had trouble keeping the oven hot. My daughter's chicken ham and cheese🍕

IMG_20190406_135225.jpg

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

I normally make my own base sauce but I’ve been moving home. Sold my house in Lincolnshire in 3 days in December and have only just got moved in in Cheshire. All my equipment and recipes have been in storage since December and I  have not been able to do any cooks ( Hence why I have been so quiet). I still have loads of boxes to sort so when I get to the box with the recipe I will give you the heads up. A bit late I know but can’t be helped sorry.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Good luck with the Flour, Asda today No Flour, even went to Bookers, managed to get a bag of “00” flour, so fresh pasta is on the menu!

It's carnage out there in the supermarkets, absolutely empty even of fruit and veg. Madness. .

Just got back no strong white flour (no flour of any description), managed to get the last two packs of Pizza Base mix, not ideal but as only practising they'll do. Could only find the Cirio Passata as well, so will try that out as the base sauce mix