Small, portable barbecue

paul6057

Is there such a thing as a good, small barbecue? I'm considering something to put in the car when we go on holiday, or maybe to pull out in the evening when I only want to grill up a few burgers for family dinner.

I've seen Landmann have a small kamado, which seems too cheap to be any good. Anyone got any experience with that, or anything else worth looking at?

If it was me, I would go for one of these,

5E9AE6D7-CEAA-4E19-8652-4B3A6F4A2E12.thumb.jpeg.4cf6a21481142ea4c26b073d348d0052.jpeg
Search Smokeless BBQ or Lotus Grill

Smokeless Grill you an get them from the range for around £40.00 I think.

They are very light to carry, runs on a handful of Charcoal so no big bags of charcoal to carry.

It runs of 4 AA batteries that operate a fan in the centre, speed variable, gets up to cooking temperature in about 5 minutes!

I have had one for several years, but not really used it, but now it’s my go to BBQ when I want something quick (Steak) or when I am making my YouTube Videos

• Thanks 1

This is my weber go anywhere bbq 

I’ve been mainly using this in lockdown! And have to say I’m really impressed with it . It cooks a fair volume of food on a reasonable amount of coals . 
so easy to carry around and I’ve achieved some good grill cooks . 
So much so that I’m tempted to get a rotisserie riser when funds permit . 

so for £75 I would recommend this as my go too portable bbq . And in all honesty I’ve used it for most of my major bbq cooks 

3CA8BA18-B405-4132-A74E-DD0C0F37E01D.jpeg

A9D81BF2-B3B9-467C-A267-8D17EAC25AE5.jpeg

8EE0B5D9-3E45-4E81-A6EB-FDF055DE6ED0.jpeg

71698990-16BD-4FD8-BE3E-336043933D1B.jpeg

BE536E5B-6E2D-41FC-BCC5-FD8D065B6FCD.jpeg

• Like 5

That is a very neat little job, but I think I can get away with one of them mini smokeless ones.

When I go down to Goreing on sea with my Brother and his dog, we walk miles and get hungry.

Fairlane cafe on the seafront sell Sausage sarnies of a type, Sausages are cheap crap.

Plan is , walk dog, back to car, set up bbqand send Brother for two coffees and put some

Porky White Gold Medal on the cooker.Bread, Butter, Brown Rockin' the perfect Sarnie with hot

fresh coffee. REmember we are Driving, otherwise Beer, Beer and more Beer,:popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gaza the Instructor said:

That is a very neat little job, but I think I can get away with one of them mini smokeless ones.

When I go down to Goreing on sea with my Brother and his dog, we walk miles and get hungry.

Fairlane cafe on the seafront sell Sausage sarnies of a type, Sausages are cheap crap.

Plan is , walk dog, back to car, set up bbqand send Brother for two coffees and put some

Porky White Gold Medal on the cooker.Bread, Butter, Brown Rockin' the perfect Sarnie with hot

fresh coffee. REmember we are Driving, otherwise Beer, Beer and more Beer,:popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon:

Sure you would be able to boil a small camping kettle on this part.

87497365-2E88-41B2-8BEC-6E66B5279024.thumb.jpeg.1fdd4705988599795ebb16e1a7421236.jpeg

Oh I am sure, please don't start me on coffee . Roast and blend my own. Always searching for a deal on green beans.

Latest 20kg Colombian Supremo(nice bean) £120 or £6 per lb. And proud owner of Ceado ep6 grinder and R58

Rocket Espresso machine.

What I am trying to say is don't do instant like you(and I) don't do pre cooked Ribs.

If I can't do Beer I drink Dublo Espresso no sugar.

Don't know if you have tried them, but Pork White's are lovely old school sausages ie meaty:thumb1:.

He was local to me in Chessington, but now sells though a lot of good local butchers and Waitrose.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 8:51 PM, paul6057 said:

Landmann have a small kamado

The Mini Kamado is great for a cook. Holds heat well. but I think it weighs around 30kg so not the most portable IMO. Plus as it holds it's heat it's more for a longer day/overnight camp site/stay i'd prob only pack it up once its fully cool. I think the Weber go/smokeless etc will cool quicker and be more portable. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 6/25/2020 at 10:07 AM, Raptor72 said:

I’m getting or making  a riser and rotisserie attachment some time this year . And the weber is perfect for camping trips 

I’m camping 10 th July at Sudbury where we hold the Anglia tailgate 

Did you ever make a riser? I made one last year, I haven’t used it yet and was wondering about battery life in the rotisserie?