Weber smokefire (pellet grill)

James17

5 hours ago, James17 said:

Mine is getting delivered tomorrow. 

freezer is stacked with meat ready for many a long cook! 

Hopefully getting mine Thursday according to Riverside, if you get it set up tomorrow, can you check the grease channel-runoff they say it is different to USA ones and has a steeper incline in the barrel, that should help with the grease runoff. Not heard this before and difficult to compare to the US version without one to directly compare, obviously. But an interesting thing if true? All the other modifications I already knew about.

22 hours ago, James17 said:

Mine is getting delivered tomorrow. 

freezer is stacked with meat ready for many a long cook! 

Just had a call from Riverside saying they're sending mine out today and should be with me tomorrow. Will be delivered on a pallet, seemed to indicate it is a kerbside delivery only. Hoping I can sweet talk the driver if he has a pallet truck to bring it round the back for me?

Hopefully all assembled, updated and initial burn in done on Friday and up and cooking by the weekend 🤞

Got mine, two man job to get it round the back even for the EX4, . Glad I have one of those parcel sack trucks to help. just got to wait for the rain to stop later this afternoon (hopefully) and get it assembled

IMG_0194.thumb.JPG.0c41d2269fd72846f16ea1322955e159.JPG

The box does have handles built in, if you have to carry it manually

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, James17 said:

Took me an hour to build. did it as a one man job on the Ex6 but 2 is better. 

it’s a big piece of kit but very well build. 

do the software update before you use it. About 25mins to update 

Going to have do it myself as well. Just going to wait for the rain to stop. I am sure they said it was going to be a dry day today? 

Did you connect via the 2.4ghz Wifi band or does it run quite happily on the fibre 5ghz. I have had apps/connectivity with Smokers that have had problems with the 5 ghz previously.

Edited by sotv

8 minutes ago, sotv said:

Going to have do it myself as well. Just going to wait for the rain to stop. I am sure they said it was going to be a dry day today? 

Did you connect via the 2.4ghz Wifi band or does it run quite happily on the fibre 5ghz. I have had apps/connectivity with Smokers that have had problems with the 5 ghz previously.

You’re getting too technical for me. Paired it with my phone, it updated over the Bluetooth connection. 
then had to repair it and then was able to link it to the house WiFi. 
update failed first time but no issues the second and WiFi link up worked fine. 

1 minute ago, Lleyton Mac's Backyard BBQ said:

On your units are your probe gaps this big?

1584612669071659988789648285027.jpg

I’ll send a photo of mine when it stops raining. It’s undercover now. Is it the same the other end?

also try taking the tape off between the lid as might be holding it open 

3 minutes ago, James17 said:

I’ll send a photo of mine when it stops raining. It’s undercover now. Is it the same the other end?

also try taking the tape off between the lid as might be holding it 

No it slopes downwards to a snug fit at the other end, riverside better sort this asap and a new leg sent tomorrow 1. I live in a tiny bungalow and have zero space in my living room for this to be in there so im stuck in my bedroom also ive got about £200 of meat defrosted really niffed 

1 minute ago, Lleyton Mac's Backyard BBQ said:

No it slopes downwards to a snug fit at the other end, riverside better sort this asap and a new leg sent tomorrow 1. I live in a tiny bungalow and have zero space in my living room for this to be in there so im stuck in my bedroom also ive got about £200 of meat defrosted really niffed 

Given the issues in the US I didn’t defrost anything. Just have a ham ready to smoke but it has ages left on it. 

• Like 1

Managed to get 90 minute break in the rain, so assembled it, but not fired it up due to it starting again till late in the evening, so will fire it up tomorrow. Took me about 75 minutes to assemble on my own, just needed some help to tip it up off it side after the legs attached, as the wheels although locked still rolled making it difficult to tilt it upright on my own. Surprised about the amount of machine oil on the firepot cover, it was covered in it, wiped it down as best I could. Had the hopper insert attached and I chose to remove the finger guard

IMG_0195.thumb.JPG.090911d30c2e3477aed40c68f830454d.JPG

IMG_0197.thumb.JPG.dbfa665877e2d1acbc2d23c5d58f91e0.JPG

Nice little bonus on the Weber website for Smokefire owners, when they register it, offering a cast iron sear grate and poultry roaster. Haven't done mine yet, but Riverside and Wow were offering one of the free Weber BBQ courses as well, with Smokefire purchases, but seems to have to been replaced by this one.

Edited by sotv