Weber smokefire (pellet grill)

James17

12 hours ago, James17 said:

So I said I would post my experience thus far and I was keen not to get on here and rant during the experience of having a new BBQ that wasn’t working. Here is how it unfolded. 

Nice to hear you got it resolved and customer service stepped up. Hopefully you can get on and enjoy the machine now.

51 minutes ago, Simon.W said:

Assembled and initial burn in going well.  Had a minor pain with the WiFi connection but that was more to do with my home network than the smokefire so all good.

IMG_20200322_142823.thumb.jpg.a629cb92c7bd924fd58fd45db82f93d2.jpg

Big bugger isn’t it.

this is my first pellet and really liking it. Turned it on, threw on the meat and went for a 2 hour walk. Exactly why I bought it so the wife doesn’t complain about to tending the BBQ all day and I can get on with the family. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James17 said:

Big bugger isn’t it.

this is my first pellet and really liking it. Turned it on, threw on the meat and went for a 2 hour walk. Exactly why I bought it so the wife doesn’t complain about to tending the BBQ all day and I can get on with the family. 

Just a heads up on that during my brisket cook i found i had to push pellets down the hopper as they stopped dropping around the 4-5 hour mark

26 minutes ago, Lleyton Mac's Backyard BBQ said:

Just a heads up on that during my brisket cook i found i had to push pellets down the hopper as they stopped dropping around the 4-5 hour mark

I haven’t had that issue and ran it till empty. 

finished the pork candy. If I stop posting it’s because I’ve had a heart attack

9F9B5F18-C065-4FF3-9676-74B3EFED9B63.jpeg

• Like 1

Been in discussion with Weber UK about the C and F problem I have talked about within the App.

They sent me a PDF with the correct way to update everything, I am in the middle of a cook at the moment, so not going to do it yet. But the PDF they sent me states

The latest Firmware Version is 04008

The Latest Software version juneOS Lite 1.2 (1394)

The latest App Update iOS: 0.9.5 Android: 0.9.4

They have told me this will fix my niggle with the temp display in the app, we shall see

So looks like there has been a App and Firmware update today, so check you next open the app and update the firmware on your Smokefire also

Untitled.thumb.png.0e21b0bf72d6990ca3c4bcaa929816b6.png

Edited by sotv

Tried to the update today, but it didn't take, will try again tomorrow.

Did some lemon & coriander chicken wings today, really tasty and juicy. The grill runs a bit hotter on the right hand side, first time I had chance to see it for myself with a grill/cook. Food needed swapping around once to keep the food cooking, balanced. But now aware of it, can compensate better in the future.

IMG_0223.thumb.JPG.4231f4859a89b6e00c587e80683eb407.JPG

• Like 2

Hi guys - new to this forum but have been charcoal smoking on & off for a few years (new kids got in the way for the past 2-3!).

I've got an old gas grill too and I might be able to persuade the Mrs that £1400 for a BBQ is good if I can replace both the charcoal & gas grill with this Smokefire!

From everything I've seen, the problems are being sorted out (the fun of being an early adopter - Betamax?) but apart from low & slow smoking, what's the Smokefire like at normal BBQ'ing?

Could it replace a bog standard 4 burner gas BBQ?

Oh, and if it can wipe out CV19, it's a surefire buy 😁

Thanks for any info!

Nic

Anyone no what this is intended to fix.

Hi all,

First time to forum. Been smoking for 7 years now on my GMG and had some good cooks on it.

I then herd about the SF and placed  order back December. I'v had a few issues with it not getting to temp, control freeze and not starting. But since the update only had it not starting, took three attempts this morning. Any idea .

Thanks Eli

On 3/29/2020 at 3:40 PM, wow400 said:

Hi guys - new to this forum but have been charcoal smoking on & off for a few years (new kids got in the way for the past 2-3!).

I've got an old gas grill too and I might be able to persuade the Mrs that £1400 for a BBQ is good if I can replace both the charcoal & gas grill with this Smokefire!

From everything I've seen, the problems are being sorted out (the fun of being an early adopter - Betamax?) but apart from low & slow smoking, what's the Smokefire like at normal BBQ'ing?

Could it replace a bog standard 4 burner gas BBQ?

Oh, and if it can wipe out CV19, it's a surefire buy 😁

Thanks for any info!

Nic

Oh well, bored by the quarantine so have ordered an EX6 so hopefully here next week 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wow400 said:

Oh well, bored by the quarantine so have ordered an EX6 so hopefully here next week 👍

Congratulations on your purchase, looks like the weather is warming up a bit over the weekend and next week, so should just arrive in time, to enjoy it.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:19 AM, Lleyton Mac's Backyard BBQ said:

This i s what i sent and the reply i got

Screenshot_20200320-111819_Email.jpg

My items turned up yesterday, takes just over a week from ordering them online, haven't opened them yet but both items are there in their packaging.

Had to de-register my device and re-register it. But both items then appeared in the cart as per instructions and just had to do the checkout thing and the order was processed

Edited by sotv

On 3/29/2020 at 6:15 PM, Is it dun yet said:

Hi all,

First time to forum. Been smoking for 7 years now on my GMG and had some good cooks on it.

I then herd about the SF and placed  order back December. I'v had a few issues with it not getting to temp, control freeze and not starting. But since the update only had it not starting, took three attempts this morning. Any idea .

Thanks Eli

Not sure if ours in the UK already have them installed or if it is a completely new part, since release over here?. Worth keeping an eye on it, going forward.

3 hours ago, sotv said:

Not sure if ours in the UK already have them installed or if it is a completely new part, since release over here?. Worth keeping an eye on it, going forward.

From looking at mine it looks like it’s a new part. Sent an email to weber earlier asking if we were getting the upgrade 

On 3/29/2020 at 6:15 PM, Is it dun yet said:

Hi all,

Thanks Eli

What firmware version do you have? Should be 04003. If it’s 03700 then you have the issue I had with an old piece of hardware 

10 minutes ago, James17 said:

What firmware version do you have? Should be 04003. If it’s 03700 then you have the issue I had with an old piece of hardware 

Ya mine to so looks like its a new part.

I'm on 04003.

Was on the phone to weber yesterday about about the controller freeze. Told me to check the wires behind it, don't think will make difference.If it does it again they will send a new one.

1 minute ago, Is it dun yet said:

Ya mine to so looks like its a new part.

I'm on 04003.

Was on the phone to weber yesterday about about the controller freeze. Told me to check the wires behind it, don't think will make difference.If it does it again they will send a new one.

4008 is the latest firmware, details further back in this thread.

20 minutes ago, James17 said:

From looking at mine it looks like it’s a new part. Sent an email to weber earlier asking if we were getting the upgrade 

Let us know how it goes, not up to checking mine out at the moment, but I did notice when I first assembled it a few weeks ago my motor was a REV D version and I am sure read that they were upgrading some people in the States to a REV F version. But I may be mistaken?

12 minutes ago, sotv said:

4008 is the latest firmware, details further back in this thread.

Let us know how it goes, not up to checking mine out at the moment, but I did notice when I first assembled it a few weeks ago my motor was a REV D version and I am sure read that they were upgrading some people in the States to a REV F version. But I may be mistaken?

Your right it is REV F for the motor. Mines D as well

The new chute is part number 69374 welded chute