Weber smokefire (pellet grill)

James17

I was watching videos on it last night. I was curious how long before it would be discussed here 😉  It does look like a good piece of kit along with the 

16 hours ago, Phlashster said:

pellet Kamado Joe

I watched Pitmaster Xs review on it. 

Unfortunately both out my price range/space at the moment but can't wait to see some of your guys and girls post your pics of both or either. 🥩🍗

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, James17 said:

Riverside are offering 15% off all Weber today. Including smoke fire pre order. I just bit the bullet and went ahead 

Thanks couldn't resist either with that offer, used their 12 month interest free credit offer as well. £101 deposit and 12 months of £76

Forgot to add the cover, so had to make a seperate order for that

Anybody who can recommend some pellets to try for a first time user as well would be appreciated. I see WowBBQ are selling Weber Blend Pellets for these machines. Seem about the same price as Traeger pellets, wondered if best to use these or if cheaper generic ones if suitable could be  better value?

Edited by sotv

On 1/2/2020 at 10:16 AM, James17 said:

Riverside are offering 15% off all Weber today. Including smoke fire pre order. I just bit the bullet and went ahead 

Glad I saw your post and decided to get it yesterday, didn't realise it was a one day offer only...👍 Only 60 days to wait, but who's counting 😀

1 hour ago, sotv said:

Glad I saw your post and decided to get it yesterday, didn't realise it was a one day offer only...👍 Only 60 days to wait, but who's counting 😀

Yep really short window to get it. I had to ring them to check it was on the smokefire  as assumed it wouldn’t stretch to an unreleased item. 

amazing deal

1 hour ago, James17 said:

Yep really short window to get it. I had to ring them to check it was on the smokefire  as assumed it wouldn’t stretch to an unreleased item. 

amazing deal

Are you going to stick with the Weber pellets for it or use other brands.

Seen some GMG Pellets 25kg/56lb  for £37.80 delivered, various varieties, which seem reasonable value compared to some.others I have looked at

30 minutes ago, sotv said:

Are you going to stick with the Weber pellets for it or use other brands.

Seen some GMG Pellets 25kg/56lb  for £37.80 delivered, various varieties, which seem reasonable value compared to some.others I have looked at

I read it was designed to work with all pellets. So I guess I’ll look at reviews. Probably go for the best value single wood ones (hickory, pecan etc...) and then reviews for blends to start with. 

2 hours ago, James17 said:

I read it was designed to work with all pellets. So I guess I’ll look at reviews. Probably go for the best value single wood ones (hickory, pecan etc...) and then reviews for blends to start with. 

If you come across any good deals for pellets, post them on here, as I will be on the lookout for some as well, but prefer the fruit woods like cherry and apple personally.

The only real finnicky thing I have read about it, is the positioning of the wire for the meat probe(s) from initial reviews are you going to invest in anymore or stick with the 1 provided, can't find any prices for the extra ones yet over here. may get a meater+ as well if probes turn out expensive

Amazingribs are hoping to get a production model this month and do a full review, be interested to see what they say compared to the controlled display they were given at Weber HQ

13 hours ago, sotv said:

If you come across any good deals for pellets, post them on here, as I will be on the lookout for some as well, but prefer the fruit woods like cherry and apple personally.

The only real finnicky thing I have read about it, is the positioning of the wire for the meat probe(s) from initial reviews are you going to invest in anymore or stick with the 1 provided, can't find any prices for the extra ones yet over here. may get a meater+ as well if probes turn out expensive

Amazingribs are hoping to get a production model this month and do a full review, be interested to see what they say compared to the controlled display they were given at Weber HQ

Can’t wait to see their review. 

I might get an extra probe. I have an igrill and thermoworks smoke anyway so might not be worth it. 

really interested to see the recipient etc.. with the new interface

I think their pellets are going down the Traeger route of oil flavouring? The description (for the apple ones at least) Apple Pellets "100% Natural with 60% recycled untreated alder" Was hoping they would be made from the wood described on the label

Selection of pellets have appeared at WowBBQ