Weber smokefire (pellet grill)

James17

22 hours ago, Lleyton Mac's Backyard BBQ said:

Has anyone had any updates regarding the smokefire getting a little impatient now lol ordered an EX6 from riverside 

Had a DM off Riverside today, saying they're hoping to get them in next week, but Weber haven't booked them in yet.

28 minutes ago, Lleyton Mac's Backyard BBQ said:

My weber pellets and igrill probes from wowbbq are being delivered today just waiting on riverside now for my grill i hope this coronavirus doesnt affect my shipment if we get shut down haha

My pellets still showing as pending from Wow, also noticed their Smokefire models are showing as in stock. Unfortunately still showing as pre-order on Riverside where I ordered mine from 😞

2 hours ago, Richard said:

WowBBQ website now says delivery from 18th March - frustratingly with 10% off as well!! Grrrrrr

Nothing yet from Riverside....

The code and extra discount they have added to the headline price of the Weber wood pellets, make them a good deal with free delivery, 4 bags work out at £53.82 (£13.45 a bag)

They also do the drip pans needed for the Smokefire with the extra discount and code.

17 hours ago, Richard said:

WowBBQ website now says delivery from 18th March - frustratingly with 10% off as well!! Grrrrrr

Nothing yet from Riverside....

Just emailed Riverside and they’ve honoured the 10% which is pretty good! 
They also confirmed they’re expecting the Smokefire in this week. 
Pretty sure I read somewhere the firmware update is scheduled for the 18th so looks like it’s all coming together also newer models in the US from the latest manufacturing run have the hopper inserts already installed. 

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Just emailed Riverside and they’ve honoured the 10% which is pretty good! 
They also confirmed they’re expecting the Smokefire in this week. 
Pretty sure I read somewhere the firmware update is scheduled for the 18th so looks like it’s all coming together also newer models in the US from the latest manufacturing run have the hopper inserts already installed. 

Hi Richard did riverside price match for you?

1 hour ago, Lleyton Mac's Backyard BBQ said:

Just spoke to riverside the units are being delivered to them on Wednesday and was told i would be contacted to arrange delivery then

Good news, had a dispatch note for all my accessories ordered from WowBBQ hopefully all should arrive alongside EX4 from Riverside by the end of the week then, Steaks on Saturday and Turkey Crown Sunday 😃 Forecasting a dry but cool weekend, fingers crossed it doesn't change to much.

• Like 1

I thought I had retired my ProQ from Hot Smoking last week, but it looks too nice a day tomorrow, to miss out, so picked up a Pork Shoulder and done an Asian Rub and will stick it on at silly o'clock later.

One of the reasons I got the Smokefire, I am hoping to be able to set and forget the temp say at a stable 240-250F so reduce the cooking times where I usually have to cook at a sometimes variable 225F during the cook on the ProQ

Couple of Smokefire videos appeared over the last 24 hours, I found interesting. Harry Soo has posted a video using a Franklin Brisket today on Youtube and Trendkill posted a fascinating cook using a whole Beef neck (what a huge piece of meat) and despite all the naysayers out there, they are showing the Smokefire is up to the job.

• Like 1