Weber smokefire (pellet grill)

James17

10 hours ago, sotv said:

My items turned up yesterday, takes just over a week from ordering them online, haven't opened them yet but both items are there in their packaging.

Had to de-register my device and re-register it. But both items then appeared in the cart as per instructions and just had to do the checkout thing and the order was processed

I cant de register my grill for some reason spoke to them again today and said cause i purchased it in February im not entitled to them which absolutely ridiculous considering i never got my grill till the 19th they said you get the bbq course with your grill 

3 hours ago, Lleyton Mac's Backyard BBQ said:

I cant de register my grill for some reason spoke to them again today and said cause i purchased it in February im not entitled to them which absolutely ridiculous considering i never got my grill till the 19th they said you get the bbq course with your grill 

That's a shame, sounds like you got an unhelpful CS agent.

I was aware of the BBQ course, when I pre-ordered mine back in January and that was what I expected to get tbh, but never saw anyway to claim it, once mine was actually dispatched and registered and it just seemed to disappear, when this offer of roaster and grate superseded it?

I spoke weber about this and they said  it was for orders between 19th and **** (can't remember the date, end of mouth i think)

Don't think i will get them as i placed the order on 29-12-19 and got my SF on 18-3-20.

My controller froze again tonight, so will be emailing them in the morning and will be asking about the welded chute

Edited by Is it dun yet

So I have been in discussion on the shoot. Apparently in the UK if you are having issues with the feed they will send a new one. Otherwise it’s not an auto upgrade. 

got my first controller freeze today, about 10 cooks but first one on the latest firmware so maybe it’s a new bug. Sure another upgrade will come out 

2 minutes ago, James17 said:

So I have been in discussion on the shoot. Apparently in the UK if you are having issues with the feed they will send a new one. Otherwise it’s not an auto upgrade. 

got my first controller freeze today, about 10 cooks but first one on the latest firmware so maybe it’s a new bug. Sure another upgrade will come out 

I have had lots of controller freeze ups and takes it a long time to get to temp 25 to 30 mins sum time longer to get from 225F to 600f

Waist of time trying to reverse sear.

Sorry but what do you mean by the shoot? 

16 hours ago, sotv said:

Not sure if ours in the UK already have them installed or if it is a completely new part, since release over here?. Worth keeping an eye on it, going forward.

From looking at mine it looks like it’s a new part. Sent an email to weber earlier asking if we were getting the upgrade 

11 minutes ago, James17 said:

No it’s silver with a kink so original design 

Mine too 

will email in the morning and see wot they say

Glad yours get gets to that quick, hopefully mine will with a new controller .

Really won't to do brisket, but not with how this is at the moment 

13 minutes ago, James17 said:

No it’s silver with a kink so original design 

15 hours ago, Is it dun yet said:

Mine too 

will email in the morning and see wot they say

Glad yours get gets to that quick, hopefully mine will with a new controller .

Really won't to do brisket, but not with how this is at the moment 

If they tell any of you anything, please keep us updated

31 minutes ago, sotv said:

If they tell any of you anything, please keep us updated

Here's wot weber as just told me 

I will sort out a replacement controller to be sent out to you along with some pellets as a gesture of goodwill. Customers are only receiving replacement welded chutes if their current one is faulty or having issues on their grill. If you are not experiencing this issue with yours then we will not replace. The US released the model a month before we did so we managed to solve the issue in the UK market before releasing here.  

I have just arranged for a replacement part to be sent through to you today under warranty. Unfortunately, this part is out of stock till 8th April but once back in stock this should arrive within 2-3 working days. The courier will be DPD and you will be contacted with your scheduled delivery, once they have labelled your package. 

Please do let me know if you need anything else in the meantime, or if you have any trouble with delivery.

Happy grilling!

Funny that, as Trendkill BBQ (youtube) fitted a new chute the other day, which would have thought is the new one we have. Then some one told him there was now a welded version, got in touch with weber and now there sending that to him.

So I'll wait and see if the controller sorts my temp issue out.

I built the grill yesterday & noticed that when I tightened the bolts that connect the ash/grease holder to the front legs, the enammeled metal bit wasn't quite long enough.

So when I fully tightened them, the metal bent a bit & the enammel came off.

I contacted Weber with a couple of photo's and they are sending me a new part. Result.

I mentioned that with the motor having a 'Rev D' sticker, please could they also send me the updated chute, motor & auger (Auger Chute (Part 69374), Hopper Insert (69230), Plate (69377)), their reply just now was:

I can see from your picture that you have the hopper insert already and the auger and motor will be different from those issued in the first wave US release. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any issues in the future.

I replied back mentioning the Rev D etc & I'll report back as to what they say.

For info here are the pics I sent Weber

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg

thumbnail3.jpg

thumbnail4.jpg

thumbnail5.jpg

5 minutes ago, Is it dun yet said:

Funny that, as Trendkill BBQ (youtube) fitted a new chute the other day, which would have thought is the new one we have. Then some one told him there was now a welded version, got in touch with weber and now there sending that to him.

I saw that on Trendkill's page - I will be pressing Weber UK to make sure we get this all welded one....

I might go & take mine apart just to check...

54 minutes ago, wow400 said:

Do the tops of your chute's have sealant between the chute and the side of the pellet box?

yep it as.

I was a bit disappointed with the pellet sensor as there is no audile sound, so if don't look at screen or in the hopper you won't no.

I've also asked weber about this.

Edited by Is it dun yet

29 minutes ago, James17 said:

I’m about 15 cooks in now and apart from one controller crash, it kept temp just couldn’t change it so not a disaster, it’s been flawless. Obviously this is my second as the first got replaced. 

That's great news!

Any top tips so far on cooking with the beast?