Lamb Butchery Course

Smokin Monkey

Let's see how much interest there is between now and either Billing or Northern Tailgate on here and at the venues. Then maybe something can be organised. No point if only a few people. The courses seem to need around 10 people to be viable?

People will have the expense of xmas after something like this, so would need some firm committals and not maybe's to negotiate discounts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sotv said:

Just a thought and no more really. But if the idea of the xmas tailgate was a goer. Something like this would be ideal, where you have a hotel to stay in. And then go the cooking area on the Saturday (maybe the farmshop would have some xmas meats in stock to cook)? and maybe they could organise a butchery course on the Sunday morning for those attending if enough people before departing on the Sunday afternoon?

If enough interest maybe you could get a discounted group booking hotel and course?

Great idea ! I knew you were useful for something 😘

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I would also stop on site.

Lets post a new blog thread and also discuss at Billing to see what response we get. 

As previously said I am in and out of Donington Park regular (been Monday, Today and back tomorrow) and this site is only 2 miles away.

Do you think they would allow us to use their covered area to cook on the Saturday or do they have one to use elsewhere on site that they use, in case of inclement weather?

Edited by sotv

15 minutes ago, sotv said:

The courses seem to need around 10 people to be viable?

Tori indicated the following :-

The current steak course takes 6 people but we can tailor a course to suit your party size.

I think we can get a decent event sorted. Lamb and Beef are obviously their own animals, with good Pork and Chicken bought in.

Not much that couldn't be covered!

Phil.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sotv said:

Do you think they would allow us to use their covered area to cook on the Saturday

It's only a gazebo, with pallet walls on one side and the wind cuts straight though. It's not large maybe 25 maybe 30 feet by 12 foot.

Ice.

@Smokin Monkey if you get 5 minutes, maybe you can email your contact there and find out what sort of dates they have available in November/Early December and numbers and costs as a rough idea they would need to make this viable? So we have a starting point for people to decide whether it is affordable and if the dates suit or not? Or forward their contact details onto me or someone else if time is short.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sotv said:

@Smokin Monkey if you get 5 minutes, maybe you can email your contact there and find out what sort of dates they have available in November/Early December and numbers and costs as a rough idea they would need to make this viable? So we have a starting point for people to decide whether it is affordable and if the dates suit or not? Or forward their contact details onto me or someone else if time is short.

Will pop in tomorrow and have a chat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1