Woodsmoke 19 Ideas for Menu.

Ok, folks, it's about 9 weeks to the big event,  it's time to come up with some ideas,  who is doing what so we don't finish up with a load of ribs & briskets...m0103.gif

We did fish last year and it all seemed to go down well,  maybe the same this year gives something for those that don't or can't eat meat?? 

If we put our heads together then we won't have any mix-up.... also it would help to know who is coming this year as we did have a few folks turn up out of the blue last year...so let's start a list for that as well.

Ice.  m0114.gif

• Like 2

Assuming as always there will be quite few low slo meat cooks. I think I will focus on sides breakfasts and pudding ( no not rice pudding this time)  Let see what everyone posts and take it from there. At the spring one I did not cook my lamb chops and drumsticks recipes and took the ingredients back home because there was too much.

I would like to do  a juicy brisket but only if needed

• Like 1

I’ll be doing some different things hopefully.

i won’t  be doing ribs brisket or pulled pork at woodsmoke 

I may be doing orange and cranberry pork stuffing as one side though 

lamb kofta kebabs and will do beef kebabs too 

Edited by Raptor72
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Pineapple glazed ham (thought about some pit beans to go with it, but no point doubling up if Wade is doing some beans as well).👍

So either a Goats shoulder (if a way of heating a cajeta sauce up in a saucepan to go with it on a gas ring is available on the day)? Suppose I could cheat and use the cooker in my caravan if not to far away from the cooking area 😀

If not some goat necks done in a dutch oven

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sotv said:

(if a way of heating a cajeta sauce up in a saucepan to go with it on a gas ring

There will be a number of small camping gas cookers that are used to start the charcoal chimneys mate. Bang it on mine when you want.

Ice.

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 1

There is going to be lots of meat looking at the above,and not every one has said what they are cooking yet.... too much?> I say this because at the last one, I took 2 meat dishes back home to cook as there was way too much.  What do you think?

19 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

Ive just done a cooking class making coconut prawns and fried rice balls 

Brilliant,  that's the stuff we want for the Friday evening,  doesn't take too long to cook, or even pre-cook and reheat,  Friday is all about relaxing ready for the main day Sat....and drinking falling down water....

Ice.  m0122.gif

• Like 1

thinking

Asparagus Tomato and feta salad

Fennel and Gruyere

Ginger and Lime Glazed Corn on the Cob

Hickory  smoked drumsticks with chilli bbq sauce

dessert tbs

Smoked Salmon

Smoked cheese

Eggs Provencale

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Icefever said:

My part will be a Tri-tip 🤞 I'm hoping I've got it sorted by now 😉  still thinking about a 2nd plate and pudding???

Ice.

Never done a pudding, but always reckoned a lightly smoked egg custard would be rather delicious, if you could get your device to a high enough heat.:hungry-2:

• Like 1