Woodsmoke 19 Ideas for Menu.

I should think of something to do really... I might give roast potatoes another go this year and hopefully actually get some cooked this year. lol. 

Also thinking maybe a pulled pork or a pulled lamb?

@Wade Will the crepe machine be making an appearance? I might bring along some gluten-free mix if so 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, valve90210 said:

Awesome, I'll get myself sort with some gluten free mix

No promlem dude,  Rosie will be happy to help out, unless you want to try your hand at one??? ☺️

Ice.

Edited by Icefever

I remember Wade saying he makes crepes as few choose to make desserts. That is why I  started trying to make caramel rice pudding  in a sous vide though obviously I am still trying to perfect that.  I have also made pineapple upside down cake in skillet  at one of the tailgates last year.

This year I can see we will have bread and butter pudding and peach cobbler too,  I am planning to do a something called chocolate dream which is made in the poultry roaster. I have made apple pie in the poultry roaster a couple of times before. Dessert table, nice

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

Wow, looks like we’ve got a lot here! Anything people want to try that hasn’t been mentioned? I’m happy to do anything we’re missing. I was thinking beef ribs or a brisket for sat, along with a couple sides and maybe a pecan pie for dessert. Friday snacks I’ll probably just wing it

Edit: I’m gonna bring some of my homemade smoked black pudding to if I get chance to make some before then.

👍🏻

Edited by Thenegativeone
Words
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Thenegativeone said:

Wow, looks like we’ve got a lot here! Anything people want to try that hasn’t been mentioned? I’m happy to do anything we’re missing. I was thinking beef ribs or a brisket for sat, along with a couple sides and maybe a pecan pie for dessert. Friday snacks I’ll probably just wing it

Edit: I’m gonna bring some of my homemade smoked black pudding to if I get chance to make some before then.

👍🏻

You do know doing a Brisket means an early start on Saturday following the Friday night “Welcoming Drinks”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Icefever said:

I've got to go steady on the falling down water, I'm  just getting over a bout of gout, 2 smegging weeks,  ok now but it makes you very wary of too much.

Ice.

Sorry to hear that, alcohol and meat the worse 2 things for it. Salad and water for you all weekend... Can you smoke a lettuce leaf?

• Like 1

I am sure the old heads already know, but if new like me, spotted this on T&C's of booking, in case anyone missed it?

Car Registration Number - We require your vehicle registration number prior to your arrival. If you did not provide your vehicle registration number at time of booking please email the information to us at enquiries@pureleisuregroup.com at least 48 hours prior to your arrival. Alternatively you can call us on 01524 781453. Please note if you do not provide us with your car registration number prior to arrival you may be refused entry to the park. You may also be asked to provide photo ID, a valid CRIS document (for Touring caravans) and valid caravan/motor home insurance to gain access to the park. We do not allow commercial vehicles in conjunction with camping and touring bookings

Arrivals and Departures – Hire fleet & Pods – Arrival 4pm and departure 10am. Touring& Camping – Arrival times 2pm and departure 12pm. Please refer to your final confirmation for information which will outline your arrival and departure times, along with any details of things you may need to bring with you and if a security deposit is required on arrival. If you expect to arrive after 5:00pm please either advise us at time of booking or inform the Park in advance of your arrival, so that we can make the necessary arrangements for your arrival. Last check in for accommodation is 9pm and touring & camping is 8pm. 

For all caravan, lodge and camping pod bookings a £40 security deposit is payable on arrival.  Access will not be granted without payment of this.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Icefever said:

I know about the reg , and the time in, try to get in early and they want £20 I think?? but all the crap about CRIS,  I don't have it on my van,  thank god we're using our Conway trailer.

Ice.

Saw that, didn't understand it 😕 booked a couple of their mobile homes  anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thenegativeone said:

Yeah man, I’ve done it before and I can never sleep late anyway in a tent, think I was up at 4:30 last year 😂

I remember, cider at 5.30am when i was putting the pacific rim pork on!

• Haha 1

Going to have a rethink about the goat shoulder and do something else. From a 2kg shoulder I would estimate I got about 500g of meat from it , some big bones and a lot of dry, chewy, not brilliant meat on it (think thin, trimmed pork ribs and the chewy strands of meat you can end up with). The good meat at the centre is delicious, especially with the cajeta sauce (a really  tasty barbecue sauce that will work with other smoked meats as well, if you like very sweet sauces, but a lot of work to make it)). But the whole shoulder, would only feed 2-3 people max, from my experience with it yesterday.