Hi from Nottingham

Phlashster

Hi everyone,

After years of standard BBQing, i started a couple of months back with a Pro Q Frontier on my journey to low and slow. I quickly ordered a Smartfire from Australia which has added immensely to the experience. I can now have fun doing this and keep life running in parallel.

I am most interested in reading other peoples experiences, recipes, discovering how to buy and treat the different cuts of meat and any local suppliers that are worth visiting. 

Thanks, Phil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sotv said:

Hi Phil and welcome,  interested in your thoughts and benefits of the smartfire with the ProQ Frontier

I love it. The Smartfire adds a level of control that lets me get on with things while it looks after business. 

The other weekend I started a cook at about (about an hour to come up to temp) 9pm, monitored for about an hour and then went to bed. This was my 6th cook ever on the Frontier. The next morning around 11am i pulled the beef, added a couple of kg of fuel and pt some pork on until 8pm. 24 hours total from about 6kg of fuel. The waterpan is filled with sand to avoid the need to top up the water. Overnight, the Smartfire maintained temps to within 3F of target. Awesome. 

Phil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sotv said:

Hi Phil and welcome,  interested in your thoughts and benefits of the smartfire with the ProQ Frontier

And Pro Q are now going to the be UK distributor for the Smartfire. You can preorder on the MacsBBQ website now. (I am not affiliated with them in any way)  

23 minutes ago, sotv said:

Thanks for that, do you recall how much import taxes you paid on yours if bought from Australia? Also have you got a link for the powerbank you use with it

I think it was about 43 including the Post Office fees. 

The power bank is an Anker I have had for a while. When I am home in a couple of days I will lookup which model it is. 

Phil

37 minutes ago, Phlashster said:

I think it was about 43 including the Post Office fees. 

The power bank is an Anker I have had for a while. When I am home in a couple of days I will lookup which model it is. 

Phil

Thanks for that.  Definitely interested, just got to decide between this and the flame boss 400. Both run on powerbanks, which I want 

it is not scarey ....just do it it is easy  No fair to leave the admin to have to move everything around. It is just lazy to not go find the right place, and then some one else has to sort it out. We have been there before. I appreciate not everyone has experience of forums  and treats it like a facebook which it most definitely is not, forums are indexed like a library of information (with excellent librarians)

Edited by Justin