Morrison’s

Raptor72

I get most of my meat from my local Morrisons, usually really good. They tended to only have rolled briskets but they now do a pastrami style brisket, it's great because it's flat so you get a really good idea of the size of the joint, and it's got a great marinade with it. I've smoked a couple now and have to say I was impressed, lovely and simple if you want a very quick to prepare piece of meat to stick in the smoker. Ok they're not massive but they're a decent price so I have purchased 2 or 3 each time I've done them.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2019 at 10:32 PM, Raptor72 said:

Was in Morrison’s today . And have to say they have an impressive range of pork shoulder, babyback ribs  and other pork products . For low prices and looked good quality . They even had 650 g rump steak for £4.60 

Will be returning next week to get some meat 

Picked up a pork shoulder from the butcher's counter last night, only £3 per kilo. A bargain 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are doing Pork Shoulder for £2 a kg at the moment if anyone fancies a bit of Pulled Pork this weekend, or stocking up the freezer. I get mine from the the Butchers Counter, get them to remove the rind and retie it for me. Far better at it than me.😀

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

Love Morrison’s now ! 

Got a whole 4.5 kg shoulder for £9. They removed the rind, left a nice cap of fat (massive piece of crackling for the weekend) and split into 2 pieces and retied them for me. In the freezer now for the future. Can't remember it being this cheap for 5 years or more? Wish I had a bigger freezer at times 🙁.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, sotv said:

Sirloin steak at the butchers counter £13.00 a kg at the moment. Nice price and you can have the steak cut to the size and thickness you prefer, from the counter

Sirloin is lovely. Have you ever roasted a joint of sirloin. It’s so juicy. 

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Sirloin is lovely. Have you ever roasted a joint of sirloin. It’s so juicy. 

Actually bought a kg piece yesterday, that the butcher sliced from a 2.5-3kg joint, but I intend to slice into 3 pieces. As I love the afterburner method at the moment. Something I will try in the future though.

Also forgot to put the ribs are £4 a kg and the pork shoulder joints £2.50 A KG certainly till the weekend, not sure after that though.

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

If you shop at Morrisons anyway and don't have to make an unnecessary journey, some good steak offers on til Sunday 3rd May. My butchers counter has reopened so will get them to cut them to size for me. Not all butchers have in some stores, but they should be available as precut sizes on the fridge shelves. Hopefully pick some chunky ribeyes as they were really good last time I bought them from there a couple of months ago, when they were last on offer and hopefully a decent Sirloin Roast for Sunday from what they cut the sirloin steaks from 🤞

Fillet Steak was £31.00 per kg NOW £15.50 per kg
Sirloin Steak was £20.00 per kg NOW £10.00 per kg 
Rib-eye Steak was £20.00 per kg NOW £10.00 per kg
Rump Popeseye Steak was £15.00 per kg NOW £7.50 per kg

• Like 1