Morrison’s

Raptor72

1 hour ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Steve, they are some good prices there.

Certainly are, due to do my weekly shop there tomorrow, so hope the butcher who know's his stuff is on in my store, as looking for a cut that is a top or sirloin tip to roast. i don't know enough about cuts of meat, but hope that one or both of those are available to cut from the sirloin they cut the steaks from? as I fancy a sirloin roast on Sunday at the these prices

Had a nearly  2kg piece of ribeye last time, they were this price and it cooked beautifully and although I love rib eye reverse seared, the rib eye roast was exceptional.

• Like 1

Managed to pick up a lovely looking piece of sirloin at 2kg, (may cut it in half) but will try roasting it at 225F on my smoker for Sunday dinner for the first time. Also picked up a couple of rib-eyes for tonight. Have to say the meat looks fabulous and such a good price.

Also got a 900g whole trout fillet to smoke.

p.s, If anybody looking for rindless loin for bacon etc they had some 1-1.5kg pieces at £4 kg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Morrison's can be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes my local have some great pork ribs, other times not so good. Occasionally my local will have beautiful matured rib roasts and rib steaks, though I haven't seen any for a while.

Check out the fish counter too. They are usually very good. I picked up a lovely whole tilapia for £3.60 yesterday, which was delicious charred on the grill. Who said that good food is expensive? A poxy scutter-burger 🤪 from McDonalds would be more than that!

All in all, Morrisons has about the best butchers of the big chains though. Their fishmonger is head and shoulders above.