Jump to content

"I'm still standing".....


Recommended Posts

........as Elton would say.

Not been around much of late, I stick my head around the door once a week or so. After all the crap we all suffered from covid, we got through chrimbo into 2022, only for both of us to hit some minor health issues. Work is full-on as always, and back in Feb, we decided to buy some chickens, so not only do I have all the gardening (work) I have the large kitchen garden also for our own use, so after one crazy idea, we bought 9 POL...then yesterday we've ordered 5 more. 😲

The coop is over 20 years old so I decided to build a new one for our girls. Along with everything else we have to do we seem to have less time for what we want to do. I think so far this year I've only used the BBQ once, one thing we missed when we were thinking about having the chooks who would look after them whenever we wanted time off? hols and any events we wanted to attend....so we had made a rod for our own backs. ☹️

We do have a very good friend who will stand in and look after them for the odd weekend if she is available.

On a brighter note, we are having family & friends for a BBQ on the 16th of this month, it started off with maybe 12/14......at the last count it's looking like it will be 26, that's not counting us.

My head is spinning I'll have to use everything I've got, the offset, Weber & the ProQ. Rosie has put together all the dishes, main & side dishes along with a whole salmon.
The meat side will be 4 racks of ribs, tri-tip, chicken x2, gammon, couple of fatties, the list is still growing.

I'll do my best to stay on top of it all, and will be about a bit more in the future, and who knows we may even meet up at a tailgate?? happy BBQing folks.👍

 

Ice.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Justin said:

Nice to year you back mate. Sounds like a big do. Hope it went well

It's not on until the 16th July mate,  still getting my thinking head on to sort things out. 😆

 

Ice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Hi @Icefever great to hear from you! How’s @Ice Ice Ladydoing? She keeping you on your toes?😂

I love a bit of Chicken on the BBQ! 

10-roger on that mate 😆....you know the old adage "there's a light at the end of the tunnel".....then you find out it's someone coming in the opposite way with a torch. 😜

 

Ice.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys.

Trust us to host a bbq on a day which hit around 26c, still we got on with it I erected the food gazebo, along with the 6m gazebo, while Mrs Ice finished of the cheesecakes (3). Finished up with everyone who was invited turning up...34 bodies....never done one that big...may never do it again 🤣.

IMG_20220716_133106439_HDR.thumb.jpg.1b463333b857bd7095ff2255f65ecd58.jpg............20220716_174045.thumb.jpg.dfc57ad5f5cd30b0eef3eb69eb7ffb6f.jpg..........20220716_173932.thumb.jpg.15a1b5d626d281c419aa2f94f8357fda.jpg

 

Put it all away yesterday morn then we didn't do anything but relax..

Hope all your Q's  work out well.

 

Ice.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Icefever said:

Cheers guys.

Trust us to host a bbq on a day which hit around 26c, still we got on with it I erected the food gazebo, along with the 6m gazebo, while Mrs Ice finished of the cheesecakes (3). Finished up with everyone who was invited turning up...34 bodies....never done one that big...may never do it again 🤣.

IMG_20220716_133106439_HDR.thumb.jpg.1b463333b857bd7095ff2255f65ecd58.jpg............20220716_174045.thumb.jpg.dfc57ad5f5cd30b0eef3eb69eb7ffb6f.jpg..........20220716_173932.thumb.jpg.15a1b5d626d281c419aa2f94f8357fda.jpg

 

Put it all away yesterday morn then we didn't do anything but relax..

Hope all your Q's  work out well.

 

Ice.

 

 

Fantastic Ice, 34 is quite a feat. I start to feel overwhelmed at 15 haha

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 6:38 AM, Icefever said:

The meat side will be 4 racks of ribs, tri-tip, chicken x2, gammon, couple of fatties, the list is still growing.

This was the original list for the bbq's.....ribs went up to x6.... tri-tips x2... 1 chicken....x2 gammons...x2 small fatties.... along with drumsticks.....pit beans....I think that was it...🤣

 

Ice.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Icefever said:

This was the original list for the bbq's.....ribs went up to x6.... tri-tips x2... 1 chicken....x2 gammons...x2 small fatties.... along with drumsticks.....pit beans....I think that was it...🤣

 

Ice.

I look forward to my leftovers...and dont forget the cheesecake hehe 😋😋🍻😁👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AdamG said:

I look forward to my leftovers...and dont forget the cheesecake hehe 😋😋🍻😁👍

I posted it only a few hours back mate....should be with you by Sat at the latest....☺️😎

 

Ice.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...