Kamado Guru Forum

Handyjayes

I joined the Kamado Guru forum at the same time that I joined this forum a week or so ago, - as both sites had some good information on the BBQ I was looking into...

The first thing we are all asked to do, is to go the the 'New members forum', or the 'Roll Call' link for new members, - where we are encouraged to introduce ourselves before we do anything else.

i was just curious whether anyone else found themselves signing up to the Kamado Guru forum too?

I ask, because whilst I have no problem having only a few replies to a post, or perhaps even worse, if things I post are frowned upon, but since joining that forum and introducing myself and then going on to ask some of the same questions I have on here, I have had not one 'welcome message reply', or reply to my other posts....

This is no way to accept a new member surely? They can't all be too busy?

I can only say thank you to all of you here that have taken the time and effort to reply to my posts..... 

Would welcome any info. as to why that forum seems a bit 'cold' if you are on it.....

I am not trying to put another forum down btw, but it is just disheartening when you are new to a hobby and no one takes the slightest bit of notice of you...

Edited by Handyjayes

There are different reasons. Wouldn't jump to conclusions.

I can say for myself that sometimes I don't answer some questions because I'm really lazy (see my avatar) and think someone else will answer anyway. Or sometimes I'm really busy. or unsure. or lazy. or I'm too shy to answer. Or I forget to answer. Or I'm just too lazy.

Oh a squirrel

Edited by TrulySNAFU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can’t answer for anybody else, but I welcome every single new member with a PM, and welcome them.

Responding to questions, I only answer to questions I am 

A, 100% confident of the answer

B, if I own a piece of equipment in question.

C, if I can research the answer and confident of the answer.

Hope that clears thinks up.

• Like 5

I had a similar experience handyjayes on that forum, I put it down to the website having alot of members and activity, that some posts just get 'lost' amoungst the other posts and are easily missed.

Smokin Monkey also does a great job of welcoming the new members and giving guidance to getting started.

Other members like Wade, Ice and Justin to name a few always take the time to post a warm welcome....which makes it feel like a much warmer welcome than from the kamado guru forum by comparison.

• Like 2

I try and welcome everyone. Just some days are very hectic and they get missed and I catch up later. Often you will find help from someone new on a particular subject thread.

Personally I think this forum is excellent. Over the last two years I gave learnt so much and made so many new friends. It has enriched my life.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Can’t answer for anybody else, but I welcome every single new member with a PM, and welcome them.

Responding to questions, I only answer to questions I am 

A, 100% confident of the answer

B, if I own a piece of equipment in question.

C, if I can research the answer and confident of the answer.

Hope that clears thinks up.

Yes and thank you. I think you was the 1st or possibly 2nd person to reach out and welcome me... 

It makes all the difference.... I just feel no reason to go back to the Kamado Guru forum if no one will engage at all, which is silly if there's more and varied info to be gained... 

Just would have been good to have had just a little acknowledgement! 🤣

Had to check I had put on my deodorant by day 4..... :/

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Justin said:

As with any forum , the more one puts in the more one gains. No idea how many kamanfo gurus users there are here. Hopefully a few at least.  Do share your experiences on thd relevant threads. Cheers

I have decided that it is wise to follow a few people that seem to be active and get 'notifications' when they post as then I'll catch 'welcome' messages to others which has already happened here. I would not have necessarily noticed if I had that notification that someone I was following had welcomed someone else... 

Anyway... enough of this... It's off my chest... Cheers all 👍

• Like 2

I agree 100% with all that has been said above like @Smokin Monkey said I also try to play by the same rules. I'm on a couple of other forums for other hobbies....drink, airguns and such, what annoys me is someone asks a Q and you can see that's it's been viewed xxx times and not one reply.

Like @Justin says....you get out what you put in....glad you like it here @Handyjayes  we are the best anyway...🤣 🤣 👌

Ice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1