Best BBQ you’ve had?

smash

Evening everyone, I hope you’re all well during this current pandemic.

I have been watching and dribbling over bbq and smoking videos a lot lately and just saw a video by Bon Appetit where they claim Franklin’s BBQ in Texas is the best in the world.

Where is the best you’ve ever had? Why and what made it great?

My favourite was Central BBQ in Memphis but I’ve had a lot of others that I felt are quite close.

lol's you probley have us all beat ..the bbq's over there are out of this world .. from the you tubes i've watched 

but over here we try with what we have and get decent  results with the weather we have  ...

we do have some pit masters here .. :) but most are we will get there  :P

• Like 2

Some of the best bbq food I've ever had are at the events last year, as a judge I got to tatse food cooked by some great teams. I was really looking forward to this years events as I was down to judge at 3 shows.

Having said that I cooked up a cracking good rack of ribs & a chillie chicken yesterday.

Ice.

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 2

Me and the Mrs will try to have 'Bbq' food at most places we go to eat. 

A couple of years ago we went to Plymouth, there's a bar called the ' Blues Bar & Grill' on the harbour and they served the single best chicken and ribs I've ever had...ever.

I'm looking forward to the world getting back to normal and getting to one of the tailgates, they look amazing!

Adam.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leggy said:

A couple of years ago we went to Plymouth, there's a bar called the ' Blues Bar & Grill' on the harbour and they served the single best chicken and ribs I've ever had...ever.

Will be heading for Plymouth when this is all over, will have to check this place out 👍

• Like 1

I am a big fan of seafood, and their is a place on Teignmouth beach in Devon called the Crab Shack and the majority of the food (sourced and caught locally)  is done on a grill outdoors, overlooking the beach and bought to your table. Simple things like Grilled Crab Claws in garlic butter served in a bucket are something else. They do full seafood paellas, fish and meats on the grill as well. But as the name suggests Crab is their speciality

Edited by sotv
  • Like 2

I think the most memorably unexpectedly brilliant barbecue I had was in a little place called Bobby Q's Pit Stop which is this tiny little shack in Old Greenwich, Connecticut. I was staying at a hotel there for a work trip and went walking to find something for dinner, and just stumbled across this unassuming, no-frills place. The burnt ends were incredible, and they also do these amazing fried pickles. It's the only good thing about business travel to Connecticut.

I dint think I've eaten BBQ "out" much. It's guess its not much of a thing in the UK and I always think of BBQ being for the back garden.

Having said that I have great memories of a family holiday to the Algarve a good few years back and  having amazing sardines straight out of the sea and onto the chargrill. Amazing 😁.

Unfortunately I struggled to find any on my last visit to the area 😔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JulesRules said:

I dint think I've eaten BBQ "out" much. It's guess its not much of a thing in the UK and I always think of BBQ being for the back garden.

Having said that I have great memories of a family holiday to the Algarve a good few years back and  having amazing sardines straight out of the sea and onto the chargrill. Amazing 😁.

Unfortunately I struggled to find any on my last visit to the area 😔

Yeah the only time I have been to Portugal (work) the had bars/restaurant on the sea front and all of them had a fire pit cooking fresh Sardines

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Yeah the only time I have been to Portugal (work) the had bars/restaurant on the sea front and all of them had a fire pit cooking fresh Sardines

I love Portugal, it’s probably my favourite country and I’ve always enjoyed the food.

Yes bvq fresh sardines is a winner. Pacific Rim pulled pork with alphonso mango and birds eye chilli salsa was a winner. Also a ticket chicken drumsticks using the vortex on kettle. Brisket when it vomes out perfect. Tandoori lamb chops. Tandoori chicken kebabs. Pork Chop. The list is endless