Your Imaginary BBQ/Smoker VE Bank Holiday Weekend Cook For 6-10 People

sotv

With lockdown still in force and no chance to cook for family friends for many of us, on what would have been a large scale celebratory weekend . I thought an Imaginary BBQ/Smoker get together this weekend for your family and friend to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day on the Bank Holiday Weekend was in order.

With the equipment you own what would you have cooked and done as mains & sides for say 6-10 people and you were allowed free reign on what to serve up 

I thought I would go with a small bone in pork shoulder with some pit beans underneath for the drippings as well on my ProQ and on the Smokefire 2 x Jacobs ladders, a Kellybab and 2 x racks of Spicy Ribs with a tray of @Mick Mac&Cheese and some homemade smoked scotch eggs.  For the sides some homemade Chipotle Slaw  and maybe some roasted cherry tomatoes in balsamic vinegar.

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

It is supposed to be Anglia and Southeast tailgate too. 

I like your menu.

Definitely paella on the weber kettle, and I would have another bash at the Pacific Rim Pulled Pork on the WSM, it was so nice with the sweet chilli mango salsa.

With 2 of us in the house here it is not realistic to do these dishes  but with a crowd a real winner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sotv said:

With lockdown still in force and no chance to cook for family friends for many of us, on what would have been a large scale celebratory weekend . I thought an Imaginary BBQ/Smoker get together this weekend for your family and friend to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day on the Bank Holiday Weekend was in order.

With the equipment you own what would you have cooked and done as mains & sides for say 6-10 people and you were allowed free reign on what to serve up 

I thought I would go with a small bone in pork shoulder with some pit beans underneath for the drippings as well on my ProQ and on the Smokefire 2 x Jacobs ladders, a Kellybab and 2 x racks of Spicy Ribs with a tray of @Mick Mac&Cheese and some homemade smoked scotch eggs.  For the sides some homemade Chipotle Slaw  and maybe some roasted cherry tomatoes in balsamic vinegar.

I wouldnt be serving anything....i would be round yours with all those tasty meals to try!😁 never had homemade scotch eggs before or even smoked one, so thats a double win👍 

Im curious with jacobs ladders and kellybab though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, AdamG said:

I wouldnt be serving anything....i would be round yours with all those tasty meals to try!😁 never had homemade scotch eggs before or even smoked one, so thats a double win👍 

Im curious with jacobs ladders and kellybab though?

Kelly Bab is cooked on a Rotisserie recipe here and a picture of one I did further down, if you have a rotisserie or thinking of get one, it tastes great cooked on it

Jacobs ladder is a full rack of short ribs that haven't been cut singularly, i just add BBQPit boys SPG homemade rub to them and leave them cook themselves.

I use this Scotch Egg recipe but soft boiled eggs can be a bugger to work with, I have 50% success rate I would estimate. Was on the look out at Sainsburys for some quail eggs to try before the Covid shutdown. Hopefully I will get a chance to pop in there to get some in the near future.

• Thanks 1

well tom is 2 aldi 16oz steaks med rare .. just the 2 of us .. and sat i'm going to try beef ribs pick them up tom .. 

will do a southern mustard and maybe some rocket pesto  to go with the salad .. and beetroot coleslaw 

depends how much foursquare rum i drink ...lol 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, flearider said:

well tom is 2 aldi 16oz steaks med rare .. just the 2 of us .. and sat i'm going to try beef ribs pick them up tom .. 

will do a southern mustard and maybe some rocket pesto  to go with the salad .. and beetroot coleslaw 

depends how much foursquare rum i drink ...lol 

Sounds delicious 😋 

7 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

It’s good to go simple now and then, especially if it’s a good flavour sausage!

thats true👍

We had hamburger, jacket potatoes and corn on the cobs on Friday, delecious😋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I was supposed to be doing Moroccan Kofta Kebab last night, but I was busy yesterday laying Laminate Flooring in my new Pub! The Monkey Arms (Man Cave) so was that knackered, ordered a Take Away instead!

is Moroccan Kofta Kebab on the menu for when we all come to your pub after the lockdown (going from lockkdown to lock in)? 😋

• Like 1

I couldn't resist in this weather and did some cooking on the smoker this weekend. We have family close by so packed some and delivered to their door as I went overboard plenty enough for 6-10 ppl.

North Carolina style pulled pork shoulder.

Lamb rib tips smoked with lemon and mint. 

Home made whiskey and brown sugar burgers smoked and seared.

Some sausages. 

Some kebabs with smoked sausage.

Celeriac slaw

That pork though... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ryan D said:

North Carolina style pulled pork shoulder.

drooool🤤

Lamb rib tips smoked with lemon and mint. 

double drool🤤🤤 

Home made whiskey and brown sugar burgers smoked and seared.

Mega drooool🤤🤤🤔🤤

They sound very tasty👍😋