Masterbuild gravity fed digital charcoal grill and smoker

Justin

21 minutes ago, TeeBo said:

Would like to know if anyone in the UK/EU has one of these.. got my reliable Weber kettle for > 5 years now. But looking for something more high tech so I can chill bit more without having to be too overly concern of the temperatures... 

Once we are out of EU and have US trade deal then it will be cheaper I think.

On 4/30/2020 at 9:44 AM, Dean said:

I never understood why people directly compare advertised prices in the US vs UK?  Firstly the prices in the US do not include their version of VAT (sales tax) as they have to in the EU, delivery charges are very seldom built in as they are here, then you have shipping charges and import duties the distributor has to pick up. Add all of that together and it's not insignificant.  So it's impossible to compare prices unless you factor these in

Leave the EU  the US trade deal,  then see what the price is I guess.  I appreciate it cost more here for that reason but more than not far of double the price is a nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Thanks Justin, your post was a little confusing, it looked like you had bought one.

It never said I bought one mate.  I was looking it up and sharing then a friend of mine was in US and i tried to get one that way but did not work out. The picture of the item was to show the shipping challenges due to size

Edited by Justin

Just now, Smokin Monkey said:

Not having a go Justin, I was going to point TeeBo in your direction as they was asking if anyone in the UK had one. 👍

Did not think you were mate,  I have been talking with TeeBo on messages, all cool. Was trying to explain that is all

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Justin said:

image.thumb.png.e20a3418545648727f98d000e52c159f.png

Amazing deal, I would buy but with two of us it is not suitable....

You need to read the description on the product page properly Justin! The full price is £949, £200 is the deposit for it...... You'd have been £749 lighter in the New Year and a bit of explaining to do to your other half😀

Important:
Pay the full amount now, or use the discount code ''1050'' at checkout, this will reduce the price to £200 and will be your deposit to guarantee your 1050, otherwise the full £949.99 Will be taken. 

https://prosmokebbq.co.uk/collections/bbq/products/masterbuilt-gravity-series-1050-grill-and-smoker?_pos=4&_sid=9f96ed217&_ss=r

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, Stonesy said:

Hi all, just joined to say hello. I have just picked up and assembled my 1050! Just need to burn off and prime it before I get some decent cuts to try out.

IMG-20210605-WA0008.jpeg

Nice! Have you tried it out yet?

• 9 months later...

The reason I have ordered one of these, if anyone is interested, is because barbequing 

or smoking as we call it is an American obsession "Low & Slow" we hear them say. Well

this is a yankie machine the 560 is proven and been about for several years, the big one

is too large for what I want, the 800 is perfect size and comes with a griddle plate!

Its a bit of a Swiss Army Knife and from the many reviews I have read and seen does all

very well. 

I have ordered the pro smoke manifold mod which stops flare ups when high temp grilling.

By the way my old WSM was looking a bit tired after 13 hard years of service and is now 

being looked after by my brother, who I will get on board as he loves cooking as is a self

confessed Gastronaught.

Edited by Gaza the Instructor

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Gaza the Instructor said:

I think you will find that is a red herring mate.

Why would Costco advertise a price and not honour it. I've bought plenty off stuff of them online and instore and always been charged the price advertised? This is a Vat inclusive price as well. I can go right through to payment and get this this price, just checked

Sorry you've had that experience, personally never had it with any sort of online delivery from them (maybe instore availability problems depending on your store), but stock availability online to order has always been accurate along with delivery time for me and there is no one else selling this within £180 of this price at the moment, well worth it if anybody was looking to purchase this model.

They often have online offers on most of their different BBQ's/Grills lines. Usually most items get a decent reduction at least once a year, whether this one does remains to be seen, but worth keeping an eye on, if not ready to purchase yet.

They're doing the Kamado Joe II for under a grand at the moment and was sorely tempted, but hanging on for a Wood/Gas Fired Oven, but if it goes on offer before I purchase the Oven will probably fold and get it instead 😀.