Goat

Diggerg

I have cooked goat a couple of times with varying success. Goats neck in a dutch oven on my smoker was the most successful and enjoyed it. (have posted the recipe on here) Also did a goat shoulder, but didn't enjoy the meat, very chewy and dry I found, but that may have been down to me. But made a fabulous Mexican Sweet Cajeta sauce with it (Like dulce de leche) can post the recipe if interested in using it if you decide on doing a  Goat Shoulder

.Have considered doing a Goat Leg this year, but have always wanted to try a leg of hogget or mutton, as it is meant to be very suited to slow cooking and found an online supplier of it, so will probably try that out first. 

Edit

Forgot to say, purchased some Caribbean Curry powder last year, intending to do a smoked goat curry, I i was going smoke the goat first for a couple of hours and then cook in the dutch oven with liquid and spices to finish it off. Never got round to it, but goat curry is a delicious dish with rice and peas

Edited by sotv

I will be getting mine from Gridironmeat used them quite a bit now and had excellent service and well vac packed and chilled during overnight transit. Just put your cursor over shop for meat and click on Mutton for options. (£45 gets you free delivery) price wise not the same as a supermarket or cash&carry but some decent cuts of meat on there and the guy is so helpful if looking to source a particular cut of meat, you want prepared in a certain way. 

Plenty of other options for mutton online as well. Just type mutton or hogget buy online into google and will come up with quite a few alternative results.

• Like 2

I'll be using this place. It's literally a 2 minute walk from my house and all livestock is raised on the farm. Plus I like to support local businesses.

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.beckysbutchers.co.uk%2F&h=AT2Eb-8a-WMssfnDWB3C6-8xTdSMLKAHl9UI52Npmw670T_VaNn9ghhC7gI-WGYX1mrJuzBu8e2crSR_S3aGY4SGAwnr6iinKeVXm-0QZHKRLOZlWWeBfKBjAPaCspFNwg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice to have that on your doorstep, unfortunately my nearest is a 40 mile round trip for an abbatoir/butcher 😞 have a couple of good butchers in my area, but found they aren't overly willing sometimes to provide or source an unusual or specific cut of meat from what they have on display for the general public, that I have been looking for in the past.

Hence my reasoning for shopping online sometimes as well as going to the indoor meat market at Birmingham a couple of times a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptor72 said:

I’ve got an instantpot pressure cooker 

I’m looking at smoking meat then pressure cooking 

What size instant pot do you have mate? I am thinking of changing my huge slow cooker with one at 3L which i figure is more than enough for 2-3 people

Edited by Justin