Weber smokefire (pellet grill)

James17

• 2 weeks later...

Since the latest update mine is no longer reaching top searing temp. emailed weber last night and this morning they came back and are shipping the new welded auger. apparently one of the first in the country so looking forward to an improved experience.

Can't fault their customer service. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, James17 said:

Since the latest update mine is no longer reaching top searing temp. emailed weber last night and this morning they came back and are shipping the new welded auger. apparently one of the first in the country so looking forward to an improved experience.

Can't fault their customer service. 

Had my first E3 Flame Out whilst using Smokeboost happen today. Going to keep an eye on it, as in States, this is what they are mostly sending the new augur out for. First time happened to me since owning it in  February, so hopefully a one off, but will keep an eye on it. You will have to update us what the fitting of it is like and any benefit.

42 minutes ago, Justin said:

image.thumb.png.e48c3868a33182c576c20ec68f92b7d0.png

Info been out for a few week now, but only showing in the States at the moment. Although Front table looks useful. The extra side table with the built in storage for the chopping board, will probably be my first purchase. Closely followed by the Pellet Storage bag.

received_370666853893508-jpeg.1031

Also for the past 2 weeks and for another week they are offering $200 of both models in the States for the big holiday they've just had. Whether they will offer that sort of discount here in the coming months remains to be seen. But it certainly seems to have been popular in the States bring the EX4 down to $799 and the EX6 to $999 obviously that doesn't equate to UK prices but a similar reduction in price over here, would certainly attract a few more people to consider purchasing one over here as well. As the new firmware update they did in May has made this a much more stable and reliable machine overall.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jay123 said:

What's people's opinion... 26 minutes from 0 - 315C with nothing in. Sure it never took that long previous. Ex4 model 

Did a Paella yesterday and a Roast Chicken with hasselback potatoes today at 365F and both times it reached that temp in just under 12 minutes, which is what it normally does for me on the EX4, haven't got a 600F planned for a few days, but will check the timing when I do. But I usually take a little less than 25 minutes to reach 600F

From what other users are saying Weber are saying this latest update cuts the reverse auger rotation by 50% during the shut-down process, I don't believe the firmware updated anything else

Ok so new welded auger fitted.

story of two halves. Whilst it all goes together ok, the screws that go through the auger and bolt it to the hopper are a bit too big for the auger holes, so you end up forcing them through as you are effectively threading the metal in the auger holes for the first time. The screws for the auger are right up agains the sides of the hopper so very hard to get good force onto them. I ended up getting them to bite, and then getting a socked and wrench on the bolt heads. If I didn't have a set I doubt I'd have managed. 

So what should have been a quick job turned into a 40 minute mission with multiple trips to the garage for tools.

That said, once done I fired it up and it got straight to 600F. So it appears to have fixed the problem. not sure how as the old auger was feeding fine and you don't replace the motor. 

As a bonus Weber also included a free bag of pellets with it. happy days 

Glad it sorted you out. Fingers crossed mine continues to behave itself as it should, without any need for new parts to be installed..

There's been an app update that doesn't seem to effect the Smokefire machine by having to shut it down after installation, it just updates in the background. Now up to version 0.9.11

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody heard when the accessories for the Smokefire are likely to be made available in the UK. Somethings slowly starting to appear on the US website to purchase and fancy the side shelf and chopping board and wet smoke kit for mine

Good perspective video posted by Trendkiller showing the grill capabilities of the Smokefire against a Genesis Gas Grill for a quick simple meal, at the flick of a switch. It cooked the wings and burgers as quick as the Genesis and the finished food looked equally good as the £1200 gasser

Finding I am using mine more for grilling and cooking than lo&slo as well at the moment and it does it well. Any other owners finding they use their's more for grilling than lo&slo or the other way round?

Edited by sotv

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

If I was setting up  again I would go for the smokefire.

I think if they did the £200 reduction like they did in the States recently for it so they could get them sub 4 figures then it would attract a lot more people. But £1000+ is a lot for people to spend on an outdoor grill/smoker and people who are thinking of investing in a smoker aren't necessarily thinking of grilling on it as well.

I am probably the oldest Smokefire user here 😀 But if anybody prefers Fahrenheit to Centigrade the new App Update from Weber yesterday, allows you to monitor and set all temps on your phone now In Fahrenheit and not just from the Smokefire control unit now. Hooray.

52 minutes ago, sotv said:

I am probably the oldest Smokefire user here 😀 But if anybody prefers Fahrenheit to Centigrade the new App Update from Weber yesterday, allows you to monitor and set all temps on your phone now In Fahrenheit and not just from the Smokefire control unit now. Hooray.

Great because my phone is in Celsius and grill in Fahrenheit so they always are in different settings

If there is any problem with your grill and need to be replaced, you can try to check the following website-https://grillpartsreplacement.com/collections/weber, I am using the Weber series of products now, there is no major problem at the moment, the quality is still very good, you can see if there are any products you need here, I hope my answer can help you, good luck!