WoodSmoke 20. National Smokers & BBQ Weekend 31st July - 2nd August 2020

Ok folks, just had this back from the venue, not looking good ☹️

We are planning the campsite from July 4th. But with toilets and showers closed. We will open in the next stage but d not have a date yet. 

The hotel is unlikely to be open by then, not confirmed 

Some parts of the site are open now, we plan to open or increase in the coming weeks. Restriction will be different per activity. I suggest you check the website closer to the time. 

You can roll over if needed.”

So no Toilet Facilities means they will be no Pods, and no amenities for tent uses.

@Wade has booked hotel room so has @sotv and so has several others.

1 hour ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Ok folks, just had this back from the venue, not looking good ☹️

We are planning the campsite from July 4th. But with toilets and showers closed. We will open in the next stage but d not have a date yet. 

The hotel is unlikely to be open by then, not confirmed 

Some parts of the site are open now, we plan to open or increase in the coming weeks. Restriction will be different per activity. I suggest you check the website closer to the time. 

You can roll over if needed.”

So no Toilet Facilities means they will be no Pods, and no amenities for tent uses.

@Wade has booked hotel room so has @sotv and so has several others.

Tbh after the Midland got cancelled, I thought it was unlikely the National this year, would go ahead, due to its size and was likely to be cancelled or re-scheduled, 

Luckily I booked mine with Ebookers so have been able to claim a refund on my booking. Thought it was best to do this then and just re-book if and when it does go ahead.

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

After serious thought and discussion between @Wade and myself, we have had to make the decision to Cancel this years National BBQ Weekend.

The Campsite will not be fully operational, with no Toilet and Washing Facilities, so if you do not have your own facilities you can not attend.

The Hotel will not be open so people who booked the Hotel can not attend.

No Toilets and Washing Facilities means they will not be opening up their Camping Pods.

Sorry for the bad news but, let’s make Woodsmoke 21 bigger and better than any before!

9BCCE233-DC7C-4AC5-9C4A-1759936CA87F.thumb.png.8d6543d70df4724d8f18363312d5461e.png

• Like 1

So we took the decision to cancel this event.

I had a telephone call from the site this morning (first day back at work for them) they informed me that the event would have to be cancelled due to no facilities available, and we would not be able to conform with the Government’s COVID rules.