Great Weekend for the BBQ

Simon

I’m hoping everyone is well and wondering how many of us are going to be out in the great weather getting some smoking and BBQing going on. 

I started yesterday with a couple of pizzas and doing the same again today to finish up the dough. I’m making some paneer burgers tomorrow for and a few beef ones as well. 

• Like 3

Reverse seared cote de bouef on Thursday.

Greek marinated chicken thighs (recipe from Food Wishes) with a sliced potato and tomato bake type thing last night.

Simple tonight, got some chilli bratwurst and a couple of Welsh steak burgers which we'll be having with a a smoked potato salad (DJ BBQ recipe).

Leg of lamb going on tomorrow.

Edited by tedmus
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Not too sure if the weather will be that good for this weekend?? looking like it may be wet??  but don't let that put us off, what are you guys/gals getting up to??

It's great now we have a garage with an up & over door, just enough cover to stop getting wet.  I used the Brinkman on Sat for having family over, but we were thinking about taking the camper trailer out for the first run of the year this weekend??

Ice.

If you are at a loss why not come along to Brew'n'Q. Two competitions - one on Saturday and the second on Sunday. Last year all the cooked BBQ meat left over by the teams after turn-in was put in a marquee for the public to eat. :hungry-2:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Icefever said:

Hotel booked, we're off later on today ready for tomorrow.  :yahoo:

Ice.

I will keep an eye out for you. Looking at the weather forecast, I will probably pop up on the Saturday now for a couple of hours. 

Couple of sponsors, I want to have a look at, if they have stalls there as well

Brew%20N%20Q.png

On 4/20/2019 at 7:09 PM, tedmus said:

Reverse seared cote de bouef on Thursday.

I'm planning to cook a cote de boeuf at the weekend.

Can you give me an idea of temps required? Low and slow then crank up the heat to char outside?
Any tips much appreciated!

Just got back from a pleasant couple of hours at Brew N Q, first time attending one of these events and it was fascinating to see the teams at work producing their food and the attention to detail they put in to it. Got some good tips and a full belly of free food they put out after each competition, that they haven't submitted. Hate to be a judge, it must be so difficult to differentiate between well cooked pieces of meat that have such a wide range of heat and flavours to them.

I was expecting mostly monster Reverse Flow, Offset Smokers and Kamado and Wood Pellet Grills to be being used and some were. But the majority were using ProQ's, WSM and UDS which I found reassuring, as I always think is there something better out there 😀

Only a couple of miles off the M42A42 Junction 13 and even closer off the M1

Main thing every single team told me, they all use Bob's Family Butchers for their supplies even when cooking at home.

Edited by sotv
  • Like 3

Got to agree with@sotv

It was a great day, we've only just got back to the hotel.....met up with Wade, (staying at the same hotel)....shame about not seeing Sotv there maybe next time mate??.

Got some video clips of the results,  if I can sort it I'll post the main ones.

We met Ian the Proq owner MD, had a  beer and an hour or so just chewing the fat ,  nice guy,  gave him an idea for a bit of kit that may fit in well with a Proq smoker??  who knows what may come from that.

As Sotv already said everyone was so friendly,  met a guy from LA doing a demo on how he does his ribs, and when, or if he sees us tomorrow will hand over what's left of his rubs,  no point in taking half-empty jars back to the states. 

We stayed until all the results were sorted,  and the music got going, then the temp started to fall a little along with a few spots of rain, nothing to worry about,  but by then Wade, Rosie and  I were starting to feel it was time to call it a day....Wade bid us farewell...and we followed a short time later...more tomorrow.   m0106.gif

Few photos to follow.............

Ice.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Will have to talk Jill round, she’s been once and was not impressed ☹️

You need to set a team up  by the sounds of it , go to as many as you like, then. Hopefully with the wife's blessing of course 😀

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1