Looking like a good weekend...............

Icefever

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 8:41 AM, Smokin Monkey said:

Going to do a small Pork Shoulder On The Rôtisserie.

This did not go well due to a malfunction, but new drive cog on the way.

9 minutes ago, Icefever said:

I know they say it's going to be crap tomorrow,  but I'm going for Ribs again.   

Ice.

Got Son a Family coming for Sunday dinner tomorrow as they have no Kitchen, so no Q for me 😪

• 4 weeks later...

Come on guys, who're firing up a BBQ this weekend then??....weather is looking good to hold over Sat/Sun...we've got  friends coming over on Sat who are bringing us a granite slab for our log burner to sit on, so we are thanking them with a feast for the 4 of us.

Ice.

• Like 1

Finally got round to assembling the Jumbuck Rotisserie last night. Going to practice on a chicken today that i have been brining overnight and will cover in Tongmaster Rotisserie Chicken Dry Rub and also got a big pork loin that I'm going to do on  Sunday, if it works well for me today...😀 

Also just put a kg of cheese on to cold smoke for 2 and a half hours just. A nice cool morning

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Looks ok for today so off to a "lamb butchery and Asado lunch".....looks a little unsettled for Sun, but just got ribs out of the freezer ready for tomorrow.

In about an hour will try my first batch of smoked bacon for breakfast, did it on Thur, I was amazed I used Birch dust, filled the proq, lit it, and hung the side of bacon from the lid, popped it on and left it.

Checked a couple of times during the day, the dust was looking good, started it off at 09.30...took it out at 20.30 ....11 hours for my first try.
There's still over an inch of dust left after I closed all the vents and left it.

Ice.   m0114.gif

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

First Fire in the new BBQ, spit turning so had to be the Kelly Kebab.

image.thumb.jpg.513699dd7fc2c15ed932807cbd7a0032.jpg

Love the Kelly Bab, bet it is even better over wood.

Doing a Smoked Goat Shoulder in Black Treacle with Cajeta Sauce (practice run for Billing and see if it is edible) 😀 and a large Pork Shoulder for pulled pork cooking them through Saturday night for eating Sunday lunchtime 🤞

• Like 4