Icefever

Looking like a good weekend...............

........so what do you folks fancy  BBQing????  I did intend just the two of us. It's now gone up to 5, maybe 7.....ar well in for a penny in for a pound.  t1602.gif      

Ice  t1607.gif

• Like 1

I know they say it's going to be crap tomorrow,  but I'm going for Ribs again.   

Ice.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:41 AM, Smokin Monkey said:

Going to do a small Pork Shoulder On The Rôtisserie.

This did not go well due to a malfunction, but new drive cog on the way.

9 minutes ago, Icefever said:

I know they say it's going to be crap tomorrow,  but I'm going for Ribs again.   

Ice.

Got Son a Family coming for Sunday dinner tomorrow as they have no Kitchen, so no Q for me 😪

You'll do fine...last week I did ribs, we also did 24 hrs beef,  along with all the sides....tomorrow is just for us.

Ice.

Just checked the weather....can feel the odd spot of rain but nothing as yet......they say 39% chance of rain but I'm still going with it.

Mostly Cloudy

°C | °F
Precipitation: 39%
Humidity: 86%
Wind: 8 mph

Made a start about 09.30....setup and going by 09.50ish....looking to level out around 125c.....

20190303_091501.jpg

20190303_100227.jpg

• Like 1

As I said in another thread I've had a hard day today holding the temp.  It got off to a good start then went pear-shaped towards the last hour or so. 

Ice. 

• Sad 1

I hate when that happens. When I first tried pulled pork a few years ago I could not keep a steady temp no matter what. 

Come on guys, who're firing up a BBQ this weekend then??....weather is looking good to hold over Sat/Sun...we've got  friends coming over on Sat who are bringing us a granite slab for our log burner to sit on, so we are thanking them with a feast for the 4 of us.

Ice.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Finally got round to assembling the Jumbuck Rotisserie last night. Going to practice on a chicken today that i have been brining overnight and will cover in Tongmaster Rotisserie Chicken Dry Rub and also got a big pork loin that I'm going to do on  Sunday, if it works well for me today...😀 

Also just put a kg of cheese on to cold smoke for 2 and a half hours just. A nice cool morning

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, sotv said:

Also just put a kg of cheese on to cold smoke for 2 and a half hours just.

For both of us,  2 & half hours smoke on cheese suits our taste a treat,  hope it all turns out good for you.  m0114.gif

Ice.

3 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Looking at trying to do some Asado Belly Pork. Will be a bit of trial and error.

Just had a look at the recipe, Niceeeeeeee....that's going into the "to-do" folder...

Ice...  m0114.gif

None for me this weekend 😭😭. Mother’s Day with all the family at my aunts and no BBQ there. Have been doing some chicken kebabs during the week if I’m home in time. 

• Like 1