Happy New Year,

Icefever

Happy New Year to everyone 🙂

My New Year is being spent stocking up again as I sold out of virtually everything over the Christmas period. New Years day was spent smoking 12 gammons and 4 sides of bacon that cured over Christmas. Yesterday was spent smoking 20 Kg Cheese and tomorrow will be smoking 30-40 Kg of nuts. I thought that I retired from full time work to be able to relax !!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wade said:

Happy New Year to everyone 🙂

My New Year is being spent stocking up. I thought that I retired from full time work to be able to relax !!!

You know you love it!

15 minutes ago, Justin said:

I even had a shave today..first time in ages. 

I was made to have a shave yesterday as we in France, staying in Le Touquet, a bit of a posh place and :wife: would not go out with me!

Yes, happy new year and happy cooking, smoking, sousing etc to you all. Thanks for all your advice which resulted in cold smoked salmon  for the family, the neighbours and a “hunters” new year feast for 30 of us. My contribution being smoked salmon and smoked pheasant brest paté. Next year they want me to smoke some venison! Ouch! 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:07 PM, Raptor72 said:

My ex wife’s family used to go there and have a seafood platter 

I lived nearish there for over 10 years. Perards resturant in Le Touquet is probably the best in that town. However for my money go down the coast a bit more to Le Crotoy or to St Valery Sur Somme  or even to Mers- les -Bains. Oh clucking bell I feel homesick!

14 hours ago, Ruedeleglise said:

I lived nearish there for over 10 years. Perards resturant in Le Touquet is probably the best in that town. However for my money go down the coast a bit more to Le Crotoy or to St Valery Sur Somme  or even to Mers- les -Bains. Oh clucking bell I feel homesick!

We actually stayed in St Valero Sur Somme for New Years Eve.

The Seafood Platter was definitely off the menu for me for two reasons, 1, Allergic to Seafood, especially Shellfish. 2, Damed expensive!

We did not eat in the Town, as we where staying in our Motorhome at the Aire at the back of the Town.

We walked in and sampled a “Few Drinks”  then return back and I cooked something up!

We did try on Sunday (after visiting the Market) to find a place to eat, but those that where open we booked up. Should of bought one of those Chickens and Potatoes off the Market!