Post smoking Bacon

markie_q

4 minutes ago, Wade said:

Wow! what happened? You were not trying to slice without using the meat gripper were you ??? I hope there was no permanent damage.

I was stupid! No lasting damage hopefully. Not an enjoyable three hours in a&e though, but doctors and nurses were amazing as always. 

The meat stuck to the blade cover when I pulled the carriage back, so I foolishly lifted it back and just caught my fingers. It all happened so quickly .

I think that's what happened. I've been banned from using it again until I buy some gloves as I can't be trusted anymore 😁

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Justin said:

Lesson learnt. No lasting damage hopefully. Manly scar and a story worth a few beers.

My other half is still telling everyone how, despite the blood running down my arm, my bigger concern was asking her to make sure she wrapped the rest of the bacon up as soon as possible.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, markie_q said:

I like my slicer, it just doesn't play nice

Sorry for you Markie....does look nasty from the photo. I must admit I always treat our slicer with the greatest of respect when I use it, now seeing what happened to you I may buy a  glove.

The good news is it'll get you out of washing up the dishes on chrimbo day matey.  t0311.gif

Ice.

8 hours ago, markie_q said:

Do you use these? In my head I was imagining chain mail

I have them and offer them to people on my BBQ courses but I do not use them myself. The only time I have had a problem with my slicer was when I was in a hurry cleaning it and took the blade off without using the safety cover. I sliced a big chunk off the fleshy tip of one of my fingers. It took a long time to heal and grow back.

I got “Bit” by my slicer, bit like Wade.

Finished slicing, removed blade, and put in washing bowl, carried on cleaning machine, thought just wash hands.

Put hands into bowl , brought hands together or wash, but blade was , not flat in bowl, and managed to cut two fingers on each hand.

Best part about, I knew in the back of my mind I was going to do it!!!!

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I got “Bit” by my slicer, bit like Wade.

Finished slicing, removed blade, and put in washing bowl, carried on cleaning machine, thought just wash hands.

Put hands into bowl , brought hands together or wash, but blade was , not flat in bowl, and managed to cut two fingers on each hand.

Best part about, I knew in the back of my mind I was going to do it!!!!

Ouch! I think the worse thing is the disappointment you have in yourself afterwards

2 hours ago, Raptor72 said:

I’m not a fan of gloves either . However the likelihood of an accident is greater for us. 

I think I might invest in one 

The glove Wade posted looks a lot nicer than the old chain mail ones I remember from years ago. It's arriving tomorrow, so will see how it goes