Wood and charcoal in the uk

Madmatt

Coals2u is the retail brand of CPL coal distributors. I've been buying their restaurant grade lumpwood for around 18 months and swear by it. Lumps as big as a babies head - perfect for long smokes on the UDS. Usually buy 3+ bags to get the free delivery but watch out, their delivery lead times can be long, sometimes 4+ days.

16 hours ago, Tabs said:

Coals2u is the retail brand of CPL coal distributors. I've been buying their restaurant grade lumpwood for around 18 months and swear by it. Lumps as big as a babies head - perfect for long smokes on the UDS. Usually buy 3+ bags to get the free delivery but watch out, their delivery lead times can be long, sometimes 4+ days.

I used Coals2U this summer, decent charcoal that burns well. Minimum £50 order for free delivery for my area.

I also like the BigK Restaurant Charcoal. Ocado once or twice a year do a Buy 2 get 1 free offer on them and with a 30% first time customer offer you can usually get 3 boxes (45kg total) delivered for under £40 , it is good stuff as well. Obviously you have to keep an eye on the website to spot the offer though.

6 hours ago, sotv said:

I used Coals2U this summer, decent charcoal that burns well. Minimum £50 order for free delivery for my area.

I also like the BigK Restaurant Charcoal. Ocado once or twice a year do a Buy 2 get 1 free offer on them and with a 30% first time customer offer you can usually get 3 boxes (45kg total) delivered for under £40 , it is good stuff as well. Obviously you have to keep an eye on the website to spot the offer though.

Good tip on Ocado I'll have to keep an eye out for their next deal. It'll be proper Big K stuff too, not like some of that Knock off tat that gets sold on Amazon and eBay. 

Edited by Tabs

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2018 at 7:08 AM, sotv said:

Ocado 3 for 2 offer on till the 2nd October at the moment for the Big K restaurant charcoal or Briquettes. Works out @ £72.76 for 90kg of the charcoal and just over £70 for 60kg of the briquettes if you can use the Ocado  First Time Shopper 30% discount codes that are widely available on the internet.

Edited by sotv