Easter weekend

Simon

On 4/3/2021 at 9:41 PM, Ripple said:

Cooking wings, thighs, ribs and a leg of lamb tomorrow, fingers crossed for the weather

Had a bit of a panic that I didn’t have enough grill space so went out to get a kettle bbq, thought I would just buy a cheap one but everywhere was out of stock except B&Q and @£100 for a kettle that I knew I would be disappointed with, bought a Weber master touch

Did wings on the Weber @225f to have when our friends arrived, my wife made 3 different rubs from herby to hot and they turned out great, she is really getting into the bbq ing. It was really easy to control the temperature on the Webber. 
Main event was 2 racks of ribs, a leg of lamb that I boned and rolled, and some chicken thighs, all with different home made rubs and seared on the Webber, with a homemade bbq sauce on the side

Chicken was slightly overcooked, they were on the bottom grill which I guess is a bit hotter than the middle or top but I ran out of probes so couldn’t monitor 

Overall a really successful first big cook but I think I overestimated how much food 6 people could eat! Not to worry, had ribs for brunch and have leftover lamb for dinner

A fantastic day in the sun with friends, it almost felt like normality had returned 

FD69A317-70B2-4C7A-90FA-EFF1298E8788.jpeg

D6121BEE-516B-4D7B-8BC2-771073ED0616.jpeg

95123BC9-A41A-4CEB-868A-8EAB0020010D.jpeg

DF7BB2C0-F543-49F8-908B-3F39EB214204.jpeg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ripple said:

Had a bit of a panic that I didn’t have enough grill space so went out to get a kettle bbq, thought I would just buy a cheap one but everywhere was out of stock except B&Q and @£100 for a kettle that I knew I would be disappointed with, bought a Weber master touch

Did wings on the Weber @225f to have when our friends arrived, my wife made 3 different rubs from herby to hot and they turned out great, she is really getting into the bbq ing. It was really easy to control the temperature on the Webber. 
Main event was 2 racks of ribs, a leg of lamb that I boned and rolled, and some chicken thighs, all with different home made rubs and seared on the Webber, with a homemade bbq sauce on the side

Chicken was slightly overcooked, they were on the bottom grill which I guess is a bit hotter than the middle or top but I ran out of probes so couldn’t monitor 

Overall a really successful first big cook but I think I overestimated how much food 6 people could eat! Not to worry, had ribs for brunch and have leftover lamb for dinner

A fantastic day in the sun with friends, it almost felt like normality had returned 

FD69A317-70B2-4C7A-90FA-EFF1298E8788.jpeg

D6121BEE-516B-4D7B-8BC2-771073ED0616.jpeg

95123BC9-A41A-4CEB-868A-8EAB0020010D.jpeg

DF7BB2C0-F543-49F8-908B-3F39EB214204.jpeg

looks great!👍😁

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ripple said:

🤣  Same here Ripple...full rake, 2 chucks, burnt bits & a ring of Kielbasa..2 types of quiche's, new pots and salade... :th_INGardenbbq7:  all for 6 of us.

Ice.

• Like 2