Briquettes for low n slow

novaswift

15 hours ago, novaswift said:

I've used only Heat Beads in my bullet but at the moment they're a wee bit scarce and pricy. Has anyone tried green Olive long burn or Big K briquettes? Any experience would be appreciated thanks

I used to just use heat beads, but have switched to mainly Weber briquettes as they are frequently in offer, so work out a lot cheaper and performance is very similar. 

I've used big k coconut briquettes again recently and like those too

The old Weber Premium briquettes were almost identical in their performance but they dont sell them any more. The ordinary Weber briquettes are still good though.

If you are looking for Coconut briquettes try the Nature brand. They perform well and are actually made/sold by Heat Beads. In Autralia I believe that they are branded under the Heat Beads name.

Thanks for the advice folks. I ordered a couple of 9kg bags of Heat Beads last night. £14.99 each with £5.95 delivery to southern Scotland. I thought that was pretty good.  What I am finding is a huge difference on delivery costs. This can make or break a sale for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that weber briquettes in a snake method burn properly at 220 - 225F.  But struggle to get any higher than that.  Might be different with minion method though.  I have strated using this https://www.braaiwooduk.com/product-category/charcoal/ and find it burns a lot hotter and lasts very long.  It also cools quickly when you close the vents so you can use it as a starter next time around.  Great price too