Globaltic - Charcoal

Skagg2000

I couldn't see any contact addresses? Did I miss it? The site is not secured. I put a bag in my basket and hit checkout and couldn't get me to paypal checkout quick enough without any shipping information or anything.... ?  

Most websites should be secure.. This one makes me nervous.

8 hours ago, Handyjayes said:

I couldn't see any contact addresses? Did I miss it? The site is not secured. I put a bag in my basket and hit checkout and couldn't get me to paypal checkout quick enough without any shipping information or anything.... ?  

Most websites should be secure.. This one makes me nervous.

That does raise a red flag👍, I never tried ordering any, just had a browse🤠

• Like 1

So I would read that as it's a UK mobile number. My email signature with my mobile at work starts +44. This is so those calling from outside the UK can reach me.

I posted & asked for feedback on here because I too thought that whilst the product & the detail looked good, the shopping part of the site looked a bit vague.

Cheers n Gone Nick 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Skagg2000 said:

So I would read that as it's a UK mobile number. My email signature with my mobile at work starts +44. This is so those calling from outside the UK can reach me.

I posted & asked for feedback on here because I too thought that whilst the product & the detail looked good, the shopping part of the site looked a bit vague.

Cheers n Gone Nick 

Yes I think you're right there...My bad as they say in the USA... 

We are taught not to use unsecured websites in the UK though, as a secured site means a verified site... It may just be a case of they have not set that up yet.

I ran an unsecured site for 12 years before finally joining opencart with a new website who were capable of securing and verifying my new site... 

I would say that normally when you go to buy from websites, one of the first things that happen is they ask you to sign up and check out, so you can put in your home address and shipping address if different, or check out as a guest, but still in-putting your credentials.. It is a little unusual these days not to see that happen on any site and this one doesn't..

Hopefully nothing to worry about and anyone purchasing will receive their goods without issue... I just couldn't take that chance from a personal view on the site and the risk factor...

There is an Estonian based company Ecowood, with its UK headquarters, literally 2 miles up the road from me and although showing out of stock, do lumpwood charcoal as well.  If you google EcowoodBBQ it shows their UK address as by Drayton Manor Park

I have tried ringing them a few times about some of their other products, but whether it is due to covid or something else can't get an answer when I have tried over the past few months?

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tedmus said:

Delivered today, hopefully get chance to use some this week.

I do feel bad about questioning whether this was a bonafide site now.. I wish they could get themselves set up with a 'secured' site...

Those big chunks look the business 👌👍

Was there a shipping charge or all inclusive?

Edited by Handyjayes
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Handyjayes said:

I do feel bad about questioning whether this was a bonafide site now.. I wish they could get themselves set up with a 'secured' site...

Those big chunks look the business 👌👍

Was there a shipping charge or all inclusive?

Shipping was included. I paid £36 for two bags but seems the price has already gone up to £19 a bag on the website, not so good.

• Like 1