Time to plant....

Icefever

As most of us are in lockdown it doesn't mean we can't get out in the garden and plant things....now's the time.

We've been up in the kitchen garden this morning planting Onions, Carrots, Lettuce, Basil, Rocket, Butternut squash, & Toms.

More to follow...

Ice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hoogl said:

I keep saying i'm going to do my own spuds in a bag.

You won't regret it, carrots as well they love a large pot/bucket, nothing better taste-wise than sitting down to homegrown spuds, carrots, sprouts, parsnips on a Sunday roast.

Ice.

Bought myself a small herb planter set up and some seeds, the herbs probably won't end up as abundant as in the picture. But it is even getting difficult to find fresh herbs in the shops now. Plants and stuff aren't really my thing. Hoping I can just plant them and leave them to do what they need to do themselves after that 😀

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.6fefe087138f9d96c6a4f611e778aa85.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sotv said:

Hoping I can just plant them and leave them to do what they need to do themselves after that 😀

Don't forget to water and don't have them in full sun all the time...they 'll do well and you may corner the market?? 🤣🤣👍

Ice.

• Like 1

Tue I managed to get on with the kitchen garden, got the rotavator out and started the tidy up after the winter. Strawberries are doing well even showing some flowers, to the right are 2 rows of peas, along with 2 rows of onions.

DSC_1031.thumb.JPG.81ea95bef5ccdc4cbd0e51a171d97fde.JPG

Rhubarb is off to a good start,  I can see me making jam in a week or so and maybe some wine....last lot I did was 75 liters back in 2018.

DSC_1037.thumb.JPG.e567f8f688184425624554e2d8a66f93.JPG

Still have a load of work up there, but it's all worth it in the end.

DSC_1041.thumb.JPG.0fae35727201e411973553d375f7f139.JPG

Ice.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, U can do that again said:

u can do that again 🤣🤣🤣

I often wonder where some of the forum names come from?? some have you guessing and scratching your noggin...but I think I'm on top of how you came by yours..UCDTA...m01100.gifm01100.gif

Ice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Icefever said:

The place is big enough to a tailgate Justin...😄

Ice.

2 hours ago, Icefever said:

I'm looking for an apprentice if your interested Mick??😅

Ice.

Maybe we can get a work party together and  get it moving with you. could be a laugh, work drink eat. Tailgate special edition, shed felted, green house up etc...., possible?

• Sad 1