Vacumn Packer

andy narddun

On 4/4/2020 at 3:49 PM, andy narddun said:

Hi

Can anyone recommend a vac pack machine

Needs to be able to take loins of pork pork shoulder and belly pork for curing

Many thanks

Andy

I use a jml 'side suck' machine and use it when curing. It's about three years old and holding up well. It's been good value for money on that basis 

8 hours ago, hoogl said:

i picked up a cheap one for £20 from aldi

I did the same as a backup for my big sealer if it went pearshaped....tried the cheap one to see how it worked....it didn't....so I would agree with Hoogl last words...

8 hours ago, hoogl said:

If you're going to use often i'd maybe look at spending more. 

👍👍

Ice.

Having been through a few of the JML / Foodsaver vac sealers I now have one of these

https://www.fresherpack.co.uk/products/41/33/eiffel_freshpack_pro_l_n_vacuum_food_sealer_machine_-_2_year_warranty/

The L/N version is far quieter than the foodsaver ones which was one of the thing that used to drive me mad when packing alot of stuff.

Had it a couple of years now & it seems to be ok & spares are available should they be required. Seems a good half way house between frequently replacing cheap one & investing in a commercial unit.

Cheers n Gone Nick

1 hour ago, Skagg2000 said:

Having been through a few of the JML / Foodsaver vac sealers I now have one of these

https://www.fresherpack.co.uk/products/41/33/eiffel_freshpack_pro_l_n_vacuum_food_sealer_machine_-_2_year_warranty/

The L/N version is far quieter than the foodsaver ones which was one of the thing that used to drive me mad when packing alot of stuff.

Had it a couple of years now & it seems to be ok & spares are available should they be required. Seems a good half way house between frequently replacing cheap one & investing in a commercial unit.

Cheers n Gone Nick

Spot on dude....we have the same make & model, and it's our go to machine out of the 3 that we use.  I don't remember paying that much thou....still prices go up nothing we can do about it...and I've also had spares from them...I did the foam seal a year or so back, I would buy again if I had to.

Ice.

Don't know if you are still looking for one? but Lidl are doing their Silvercrest one for £19.99 at the moment, saw them instore today and they were selling the 28cm and 20cm width rolls to go with them as well.  I use the rolls all the time and picked a few up as they appear 2 or 3 times a year and not a regularly stocked item

• Like 1