Serves: 8

Ingredients:

1 kg Strong White Flour
4 ml Salt
2 7g Sachets Dried Yeast
14 ml Golden Castor Sugar
59 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:

For the pizza dough, sieve salt and flour onto a clean work surface and make a well in the middle. In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil into 650ml lukewarm water and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well. Using a fork, bring the flour in gradually from the sides and swirl it into the liquid. When it all starts to come together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean hands. Knead until you have a smooth, springy dough. Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl and cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for an hour until the dough has doubled in size.

Remove the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead it around a bit to push the air out. You can use it immediately, or keep it, wrapped in clingfilm, in the fridge (or freezer) until required. If using straight away, divide the dough up into 6 to 8 balls.

He said make it up divide into Puck size, freeze then take Pucks out when needed. 

Regards Steve

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

I ha a Guy who run a Pizza Catering Company, he gave me this recipe,

Pizza Dough  
Serves: 8

Ingredients:

1 kg Strong White Flour
4 ml Salt
2 7g Sachets Dried Yeast
14 ml Golden Castor Sugar
59 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:

For the pizza dough, sieve salt and flour onto a clean work surface and make a well in the middle. In a jug, mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil into 650ml lukewarm water and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well. Using a fork, bring the flour in gradually from the sides and swirl it into the liquid. When it all starts to come together, work the rest of the flour in with your clean hands. Knead until you have a smooth, springy dough. Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl and cover with a damp cloth and place in a warm room for an hour until the dough has doubled in size.

Remove the dough to a flour-dusted surface and knead it around a bit to push the air out. You can use it immediately, or keep it, wrapped in clingfilm, in the fridge (or freezer) until required. If using straight away, divide the dough up into 6 to 8 balls.

He said make it up divide into Puck size, freeze then take Pucks out when needed. 

Regards Steve

Thanks for this bookmarked it for later, as led to believe the Weber I am getting, can cook a decent pizza.

Seen it on a few different recipes, dry granular ingredients in ml rather than grammes. Always confuses me trying to convert it. Is there a simple calculator you use for these type of things?

Might give that recipe a try. Must admit. Usually the wife does the pizza dough and it’s a lot nicer. We make a pizza we got when we went to sorrento. It’s real easy, mozzarella with grated lemon zest. It’s a real fresh tasting pizza and reminds us of sitting out looking over the coast. 

• 3 weeks later...

May check out that formula. Must concede. Typically the spouse does the pizza mixture and it's much more pleasant. We make a pizza we got when we went to sorrento. It's genuine simple, mozzarella with ground lemon get-up-and-go. It's a genuine crisp tasting pizza and helps us to remember passing on investigating the coast.

Edited by Smokin Monkey
Admin edit to remove external links