Couple Of Cast Iron Cookware Deals From Amazon US

sotv

Normally pay over £90 for the smaller ones over here. All Import duties and taxes included in price from Amazon USA. Ordered stuff from there before takes 2-3 weeks to come but delivered to door, (customs cleared) same as a normal UK delivery.

Cheaper cast iron cookware out there, but I think Lodge Cast ironware is worth the money and an investment that will last you a lifetime if looked after.

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

Starter set from Amazon US  for £51.59 delivered including import duties

This Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware set includes a 10.25” Skillet, 10.5” Round Griddle, 5 Quart Dutch oven and the Dutch Oven lid fits the skillet perfectly. All the essential pieces of Cast Iron Cookware in one set.

81tRILs0G3L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.e0fe3c48073494f647c9f1c48328efad.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sotv said:

Starter set from Amazon US  for £51.59 delivered including import duties

This Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Cookware set includes a 10.25” Skillet, 10.5” Round Griddle, 5 Quart Dutch oven and the Dutch Oven lid fits the skillet perfectly. All the essential pieces of Cast Iron Cookware in one set.

81tRILs0G3L._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.e0fe3c48073494f647c9f1c48328efad.jpg

Pretty good deal. Usually that price for one piece. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2019 at 1:32 PM, sotv said:

All Import duties and taxes included in price from Amazon USA

We're looking at getting a Lodge DO,  thinking back to this post about the import/tax....I've added a DO to the basket but shows £101.79???  am I missing something ???

Amazon.thumb.jpg.ef8f570f7b784352734eaf1b104c58be.jpg

I can order the same for £10 more and get it tomorrow...https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00008GKDW/ref=asc_df_B00008GKDW1580601600000/?tag=lion0d29-21&creative=22374&creativeASIN=B00008GKDW&linkCode=df0

Ice.

Edited by Icefever

For a tenner more I would order from Amazon Uk in this case, if any problems, much easier to return something big like this. Amazon Us I have found isn't always cheaper, but they have a much wider choice than Amazon Uk stock and sometimes have better offers on the same products available in the UK not in this case though

The price has only been £7 cheaper in the last 3 months in the UK, and has only been a £1 cheaper in the US over the same time. So seems to be holding around this price for this particular model

amazon.png?force=1&zero=0&w=855&h=513&de

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Ice, not sure the Lodge is worth it at that kind of money?

If you where in the USA, then it’s reasonable, but in the UK?

Have you looks for Ronnie Sunshine or Petromax (German)?

What would you say is the best and most reasonable priced cast iron?

We have loads of cast-iron dishes for the kitchen (red ones to match, it's a girly thing) but only one proper cast iron dutch oven. The problem I find is the one we bought is as rough as hell, so I find it hard work. Reading up on DO you find that a lot of it now comes from China. The one we have does, so I thought it would be good to buy a really good one.

Ice.

Since Xmas I had been trying to decide on either the 3.2 Quart Lodge Cast Iron Combo Dutch Oven/Skillet or the Lodge 5 Quart Deep Skillet. Went for Combo in the end last week , should be getting it later this week. Was looking for something to use on my grill and although the 5 quart is a 12 inch skillet and lid and the combo is only 10.25 inch the fact the lid on the combo doubled up as another skillet with handle swung it for me and they were both the same depth anyway,. I already have a dedicated Lodge Dutch Oven so to have another smaller one that doubles up to a double skillet with handles, should suit my needs hopefully

Understand what smokin is saying there are cheaper options out there than Lodge. personally I have been happy with the quality of Lodge products I have purchased previously and have chose to stick with what I know, than take a gamble on something I don't , although I realise probably are just as good. 

Also added a non Lodge 10" Chestnut Pan a couple of weeks ago to my collection. Not had chance to use it, and won't till October as they're seasonal😀 But I do like hot chestnuts so hopefully will be worth the wait. 

Edited by sotv

I believe you are right mate, When you consider how long it will last you then the cost over time is a minor point. a quality  product that last time which is joy to use is much the better option than a long term compromise. Like my Weber kettle which has kept me going over a decade and still works really well with no rust

I won't get chance to use it until Sunday....I'm prepping food today ready for Sat when some friends are coming around.  Work all day tomorrow so that's out,  so looks like Sun chicken day??

Also waiting on the goodie bag from Pro Q that's here around 10.00am,  got to do an hour on a new flower bed, then come back and get the mincer out ready to grind both beef and shoulder of pork for the meat balls that I'm cooking for Sat....it's an all Italian night for them..the works...smegging hell that's a lot. 😁😎

Ice.

• Like 1