Some Cherry Wood Chunks Ordered Off Amazon

sotv

Just had a box of Cherry Wood Chunks delivered from Amazon (supplied by Grilling Wood). Weighs just over 9kg of cherry wood, seems well seasoned 50/50 split of wood with and without bark as an estimate I would say there is 40+ chunks in the box. £20 delivered. Happy with it for the price. 

A variety of woods available in different quantities depending on type.

Couple of Pictures, if of interest to anyone

1627858526_IMG_20190522_1612583411.thumb.jpg.f8dc0485a0d3c4b46e9b25717b3f3c10.jpg

745838496_IMG_20190522_1613319371.thumb.jpg.76c83cea2905441be8c1856e4c7d6b06.jpg

Edited by sotv
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, sotv said:

Just had a box of Cherry Wood Chunks delivered from Amazon (supplied by Grilling Wood). Weighs just over 9kg of cherry wood, seems well seasoned 50/50 split of wood with and without bark as an estimate I would say there is 40+ chunks in the box. £20 delivered. Happy with it for the price. 

Thanks sotv, 

I had looked at these in the past and wondered what they were like. I ended up buying a box of mixed woods (Oak, Apple, Cherry, Chestnut, Olive and others) so i could try different ones and figure out what i like. I know already i like cherry.

A good option for my next order. 

Phil.

• Like 1

Getting mixed is always a good idea to see what you like. Cherry is my personal favourite for the majority of cooks I do (Pork and Poultry) hence so much. But if they are any good, will also get a box of Silver Birch  or Apple in the future.

Edited by sotv

1 hour ago, Sluggy said:

jacqui1treetops on eBay is my go to supplier, I feel it’s good value for money. 

I’ve used smokewoodshack too, both pretty good.

This is only a 45 min drive from us,  I'd still have the free P&P thou...😂  will try them out.

Ice

On 5/25/2019 at 7:05 AM, Sluggy said:

jacqui1treetops on eBay is my go to supplier, I feel it’s good value for money. 

Just received some from them yesterday, 15kg mixed box (apple, pear, oak and cherry), £24.50 delivered. Nice sized chunks too, not too big.

Edited by tedmus
  • Like 1