Getting The Dog House Organised

Smokin Monkey

Having never cooked with cast iron before, big fan of it now, indoors and outdoors, since getting a Dutch oven. If I had the space to store it, I would love a collection of them.

Would love to cook over an open fire also with a tripod and dutch oven, can't see the wife agreeing to it and the charred bit of lawn up the corner of the garden 😀

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, sotv said:

Having never cooked with cast iron before, big fan of it now, indoors and outdoors, since getting a Dutch oven. If I had the space to store it, I would love a collection of them.

Would love to cook over an open fire also with a tripod and dutch oven, can't see the wife agreeing to it and the charred bit of lawn up the corner of the garden 😀

We set this up over a fire pit you could do the same with Dutch oven 

5B35AFF2-5C6A-47E2-8209-489362944C44.jpeg

FE9D0B92-62C7-4EDA-B1DE-368490A6567E.jpeg

9A7DABEE-AC2A-49DA-8AF0-19164E44334B.jpeg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Justin said:

cool, looking forward to the spring tailgate, there is going to be all sort of equipment then by the look of it,

Was going to bring a tripod and Dutch Oven to the Tailgate, but seen as Lee is bringing one, will have to think of something different, and I may have just the thing!

On 3/29/2019 at 9:12 AM, Raptor72 said:

We set this up over a fire pit you could do the same with Dutch oven 

5B35AFF2-5C6A-47E2-8209-489362944C44.jpeg

FE9D0B92-62C7-4EDA-B1DE-368490A6567E.jpeg

9A7DABEE-AC2A-49DA-8AF0-19164E44334B.jpeg

Lidl are doing this one from Thursday next week. Do you think these sort of devices will support a 6kg+ cast iron dutch oven plus contents ok, as very tempted at this price, especially with the fire bowl included?

313998_68.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

Looking at it for £30.00 you can’t go wrong. The Tripod has got some horizontal supports to stop the legs splaying out under the weight.

As an afterthought also, if it supported the weight of the plancha plate and with  it's adjustable height, it might enable another cooking method also for me. Think I will pick one up, when they go on sale

Good, bit small an lightweight but it should make no difference, i guess you can put a different counterweight on it if if plancha is heavier than grill, the chain and pulley should stand it.

I would get one but just do not need it

On 4/4/2019 at 8:26 AM, sotv said:

Lidl are doing this one from Thursday next week. Do you think these sort of devices will support a 6kg+ cast iron dutch oven plus contents ok, as very tempted at this price, especially with the fire bowl included?

313998_68.jpg

As an added bonus in today's The Sun newspaper., they have a £10 off £40 voucher valid till 11th April, which should cover this,  when it goes on sale on Thursday