Justin

Cold Smoke Pellet tube

Look what just arrived, 12 inch  bling.

Something to bash out more smoke when I want than the pro Q and can also be used on hot smoke

20181214_155509.thumb.jpg.2496fedaee50ac848f3639ea1945e638.jpg

These work well when you need some heavy smoke and I have a couple I use regularly for smoking nuts. They do produce a fair amount of heat though and so need to be used with care in smaller smokers with heat sensitive foods. If you are using one in a small smoker you will probably need to use the water pan when smoking things like cheese.

• Thanks 1

In my post I said "water BATH" - what I meant was was "water PAN/TRAY". You can even put ice in it to keep the temperature even cooler. If using in the incinerator then place a tray of water on top of a couple of bricks inside with the tube underneath. Also to reduce the heat produced you can just half fill the tube - it will still produce lots of smoke.

887156214_Tubehalffull.thumb.jpg.3b00854e0192de97096fa8060db18137.jpg 57087145_Tubeonside.thumb.jpg.8a1f1ce83c8db856cd76f9f41ed061f1.jpg 1338267565_Tubeonsidealightend.thumb.jpg.05beb2a2557b741628bcfc13de1c3671.jpg

• Like 1

Is the maximum amount of time you can get with these sort of tubes 4 or 5 hours, or are there ones you can get that will let you cold smoke through the night for say up to 8+ hours.

I have a ProQ maze that gives me 12-14 hours, but switching to a pellet grill and will have an abundance of pellets, so looking to switch to a pellet tube if possible. 

38 minutes ago, sotv said:

Is the maximum amount of time you can get with these sort of tubes 4 or 5 hours, or are there ones you can get that will let you cold smoke through the night for say up to 8+ hours.

I have a ProQ maze that gives me 12-14 hours, but switching to a pellet grill and will have an abundance of pellets, so looking to switch to a pellet tube if possible. 

Answering my own question, seen Amaze-N do a pellet maze that lasts up to 12 hours, struggling to find any in this country, but can get shipped from Amazon US for £35

I keep a supply of dust that i use of different flavours, got loads, as well as charcoal, as well as pellets. Lots of flexibility

On 3/13/2020 at 9:55 AM, sotv said:

Answering my own question, seen Amaze-N do a pellet maze that lasts up to 12 hours, struggling to find any in this country, but can get shipped from Amazon US for £35

An identical pellet maze can be bought from BBQ Gourmet for £35. I think they are even made in the same Chinese factory as the Amazen smoke generators.
https://www.bbqgourmet.co.uk/product/bbq-gourmet-200x125mm-maze-cold-smoke-generator/

I use these in my commercial cold smoker

• Like 1